Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Smashing interview with the bold Flow on the Scottish FA Marketing podcast.

Talks in detail about the whole identity thing, approaches to the season ticket campaigns, growing the fanbase, influence of MLS, the Paddy Power deal etc.

He’s always a great listen but this is really good stuff if you like that kind of thing.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/25-inside-motherwell-fc-with-chief-executive-alan-burrows/id1411592525?i=1000464117512

Edited by capt_oats

Good news we’ve kb’d it and the line we seem to be putting out is we’re looking to keep him until at least summer.
Tbh, speaking hypothetically I’d have thought it’d have to have been a transformational offer for us to consider it. So something we could hang a “club record transfer” tag on. £2m+ add ons?

I am a huge fan of James Scott. I still think he is one of the most gifted players we have produced since well.......Turnbull.

You can see he has bags of skill and with more composure and experience has what it takes to have a very good career. 

Good that we got an offer so helps raise his profile and also tells suitors we are not interested in low ball offers. I don’t think Hull could afford to bid much higher so would expect there interest to end but who knows. 

IF he finishes the season strongly then we could double that and possibly more. 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Fucking Hull. What do you think we’d realistically accept? 1.5 and sell on?

It's so hard to work out. 

I personally think if we could get them to seven figures we'd go for it, but we certainly aren't the pushovers in the transfer market that we used to be.

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Rejected a £750k  bid for James Scott from Hull City (SkySports)

Good to hear.

Changed days indeed, time was we'd have bent over and accepted the first bid from an English club offering anything upwards of £100k.

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I absolutely love Jimmy Scott but I've got a feeling we might look back on knocking back £750k for him in a similar light to the turning down a million from Rangers for Mark Reynolds stories.

Rough with the smooth innit. 

It's still hard to tell quite what Scott is going to be, but I'd much rather find out with us than some other jobbers who are about to get £16 million quid and offer us their pocket change. 

24 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I absolutely love Jimmy Scott but I've got a feeling we might look back on knocking back £750k for him in a similar light to the turning down a million from Rangers for Mark Reynolds stories.

You are quite a sensible chap Yassin but I am not having that. Not one bit. 
Scott has got 2.5 seasons left and I believe he is now where near his potential.
Stick to your humour 🙂

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It's still hard to tell quite what Scott is going to be, but I'd much rather find out with us than some other jobbers who are about to get £16 million quid and offer us their pocket change. 

Pretty much this for me. I think there's a great deal of potential there with Scott, it's really up to him to make the most of that.

Thinking back to the start of the season when I thought he'd be better on loan at Alloa, he's come a long way already. 

Pretty much.

There's a day left of the window, with Cole having left Scott looks like he's actually a key player for the next 6 months which puts a premium on him. We're not in a rush to sell him and we generally seem set up to sort out our business in the summer window these days and even then he'll still have 2 years of his deal to run so...aye, let's do that.

Also, we seem far more on it in terms of player trading than we were in when Reynolds was sold which is clearly a good thing.