Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Craig Samson was utterly fucking hopeless. I don't tend to be a particularly angry individual but the circumstances around which we gave Samson the number 1 jersey still leaves me absolutely fucking seething. 

Mark O'Brien still astounds me that teams have actually paid him real money to play for them. A total shambles of a player. I'd say he was a carthorse but I think carthorses actually served some purpose in the world. 

Thinking back to some of these guys it's fucking astounding that we are still in the SPFL.

£3 mill 10% sell on with griffiths on loan until end of the season would do me.
Sell-ons with Scottish Celtic players seem a bit redundant; Armstrong's the only Scottish purchase they've made a good (any?) profit on for a long time.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

3200 approx, as of a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, this has backfired. Yer boy has been on a few threads writing that same post almost word for word but he missed out "St Mirren have sold over 3,000 ST's" which is why I quoted him. 

As you were. 

17 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Well Fans 2/3/4/47 is going to be some laugh when this all gets confirmed.

Cue shouts of us trying to get Neymar on loan because he needs a ‘change of scenery’

204F53C5-38BC-4C3F-933C-AFAD8497C5F1.jpeg

To be fair they have a point.  
Based on ludicrous valuations Turnbull for £3m is a steal. Is Kai Havertz 20 x the player Turnbull is. Is Ianis Hagi even half the player Turnbull is. 
I know he is only worth what a team is prepared to pay but I think he is easily worth an extra £1-2m on top of what we look like getting. 
Still hoping Newcastle offer £5m at last minute and more wages. That would be hilarious 😂 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:
2 hours ago, scmwell said:

Sell-ons with Scottish Celtic players seem a bit redundant; Armstrong's the only Scottish purchase they've made a good (any?) profit on for a long time.

Genuinely, Turnbull is better than McGregor/Forrest etc and they'll be lucky to hold onto him for more than two or three seasons.

8 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

More than 3,200 according to the club. How many have you sold?

Can the two of you feck off to a St Mirren or Dundee forum ?

We are trying to cope with Celtic taking our best player whilst shafting us with a transfer fee reportedly £250k less than last time. £2.75m + £250k x2 in potential add ons.  It was hardly going to be more but I do wish we had the balls to say GTF. The problem is undoubtedly a promise we made to Turnbull we would not stand in his way if we got a similar offer. Also being reported two Celtic players on loan - two midfielders which makes no sense whatsoever. 

58 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Well Fans 2/3/4/47 is going to be some laugh when this all gets confirmed.

Cue shouts of us trying to get Neymar on loan because he needs a ‘change of scenery’

204F53C5-38BC-4C3F-933C-AFAD8497C5F1.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=9987042

I mean....Hibs got £2.75m for McGinn from Villa, United got £2.85m for Robertson from Hull and £1.75m for Armstrong from Celtic.

But aye, Ryan Kent is clearly the most accurate comparison here.

9 hours ago, Swello said:

Who was that useless fucker that McGhee signed as a leaving present the first time - Fraser? I'll pick him....

I will say though that the Samson Special lettuce wrist save where he pushed the ball straight to an opposition player had me a seething mess on a few occasions.....

I left Fraser out as he played about 3 times. Point taken though.

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:
6 hours ago, scmwell said:

Ok mate, we'll take 0% then as there is no fucking point in taking the chance.

'Well fans who live in this weird FM fantasy land are so frustrating and great at once.

Having previously agreed a fee for and having Turnbull renegotiate his contract do folk honestly think his agent would not ask for a release clause or is the £5m/6m/7m actually realistic for some folk?

11 hours ago, welldaft said:

To be fair they have a point.  
Based on ludicrous valuations Turnbull for £3m is a steal. Is Kai Havertz 20 x the player Turnbull is?

I take it this is a parody of how ridiculous people are being?