Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Oh, and just to be mildly on-topic, I see Louis Moult has overcome his injury and got a run out in the last match.  The Preston fans are all busy calling him King Louis on twitter.  Glad to see they hold him in similar high esteem

They'll all be calling him shite and a crock when he signs for us.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Also, interesting to see Flow say to Joel that they're looking at potential other areas for safe-standing.

I wonder where else they could put Safe-standing? I doubt they'd want the Bois at one side of the Cooper/Family Stand and the old enclosures in the Main Stand are pretty much gone now aren't they?

Anyway, I'm mourning the death of my seat that I've had since 1991 - Seaty and I have been through a lot together, it was only the pie grease and old tears that were holding it together.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I've only just clocked it as well and now feel incredibly thick.

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Well I now feel like a complete dunce.

Absolutely outrageous lads. No pakora for either of you...FOR A MONTH!

There is division in the camp, however as with all things, this too shall pass.

In the meantime though, I'd rather have a night out with Mrs Polworth than eat mushrooms in any form.

19 minutes ago, Al B said:

In these challenging times let us remember, brothers and sisters...

image.png.5c2a4b6f8798aa2c93930b178241b577.png

For we shall all be united under one true banner

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

39 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

If you don't like mushrooms I'm sorry to tell you that you're an absolute child, and you need to grow up.

There is even a discussion to be had about which mushrooms, there are many choices

1 hour ago, Al B said:

In the meantime though, I'd rather have a night out with Mrs Polworth than eat mushrooms in any form.

Number 1 Yes GIF by WTA

The fact you can grow mushrooms in horse shit sums it up. 
1 Chicken. 2 Vegetable. 3 Haggis. 4 Fish. 

Chicken Pakora in Morrisons is quite good. Good Fish pakora is delightful but it can be hit and miss. 

27 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'd place Haggis Pakora bottom of my list. Any time I've tried it lately it's just so unbelievably dry. I don't feel the Haggis and the batter complement each other very well.

The dryness is definitely a legitimate criticism of the Haggis pakora and pushes it down my list for sure.

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

Unrelated but I don’t do tomatoes.  I have no issues with it cooked in a sauce but it is the wee round squidgy b*****ds themselves that get kicked to the side of the plate.

A good quality tomato with salt is an absolute treat that I've only really started to fully appreciate recently. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's argument that tomato is the main ingredient in a BLT was an eye opener for me.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Unrelated but I don’t do tomatoes.  I have no issues with it cooked in a sauce but it is the wee round squidgy b*****ds themselves that get kicked to the side of the plate.

And here I thought I was only one...in a sauce...or cooked...I have no issue with...but tomato in their tomato form is an instant boak for me...!!

This could lead on to so many other related debates, however being so late to the party I won't believe that they haven't come up prior in 1229 pages of high quality conversation.

Such as...is there a place for pineapple on a pizza...is it ROASTED or TOASTED Cheese...etc. etc...

Edited by KirkySuperSub

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

A good quality tomato with salt is an absolute treat that I've only really started to fully appreciate recently. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's argument that tomato is the main ingredient in a BLT was an eye opener for me.

So here I was just enjoying my time watching as the MFC thread on here ascended to the wonderful heady heights of local food review and general munch chat. The inclusion of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt getting thrown in the mix really makes me believe we have ascended to like academia level of culinary mastery. Really excited for the MFC a thread for all seasons cooking show to be released so we can educate the masses about our superior knowledge,