Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The thought of trying to get this free season ticket stream set up for the Livi game is boiling my piss as much as the decision to limit fans at outdoor events.

ETA managed to get the login for Motherwell tv to work. Hopefully that’s one less thing to stress about.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

January transfer confirmed lads:

Reveal hidden contents

9E26FB75-2C53-49BD-AB73-5F8F619BB2CB.jpeg.1270896dea9ba6bdd0cd39c8e4a6a494.jpeg

>< that close to a red dot for showing a picture of that cow :)

I took the meaning from Alan Burrows thread that we wouldn't bother with the 500 - we'd just do closed doors for Livi - and that probably is the more cynical part of the crowd restriction - for top flight clubs with a certain level of overheads, it would cost money to do (and when you scale that up to Rangers and Celtic, it would be totally pointless) and so they get a defacto closure for larger events without just coming out and saying it.

I get that there isn't really any hard science behind these restrictions with specific regard to football as they cover all "events" - they are one size fits all and (necessarily?) being rushed in as a blunt instrument but restrictions based on a percentage of capacity would probably have allowed more clubs to open safely and avoid a loss. I can't get away from the suspicion that if Test and Protect data really pointed to football as a superspreader, it would have been restricted long before now.

I've pretty much followed every rule and piece of advice going throughout this whole nightmare and I personally wouldn't do anything that I felt was "unsafe" in the current situation. I was at a capacity gig at the Barrowlands a couple of weeks back and that definitely felt more than a bit dodgy (and so I'll give that a miss again for a while) - sitting in my usual seat in the East Stand *really* hasn't. 

Feeling pretty deflated overall as the "initial 3 weeks" of restrictions will almost certainly turn into more given past history.

I think we take it on the chin, play the 3 games and delay our moaning until they extend this 3 week period.

It is early days but the infections in Scotland haven’t rocketed the way I thought they would.  Maybe action now will help suppress things, but does suppression just mean delay?

Good luck with Motherwell TV. The only attempt I made this season was St Mirren at home in the 2-2 draw as I was unable to make the game. And unsurprisingly it was a clusterfuck. 

I am a season ticket holder and have been for 25 years +. Certainly for last season when it was free to watch. I never changed my log in details from season 20-21  and yet it would not let me log in.  My friend had a similar issue. 

Q 70 minutes of me emailing the TV company and them telling me they had not got my details. I was like well nothing has changed from last season. And they said well you cannot log on as we don’t have your details from the club for this season. Eventually they relented only for me to see St Mirren score their 2 goals 😡. Did not improve my mood much. 

Contacted the club the next day to advise of the issue. Sent polite email as instructed as thinking this may affect others. Never heard back 🤷‍♂️. More things change the more they stay the same. 

So yes this could be fun on Boxing Day. 

Edited by welldaft

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Good luck with Motherwell TV. The only attempt I made this season was St Mirren at home in the 2-2 draw as I was unable to make the game. And unsurprisingly it was a clusterfuck. 

I am a season ticket holder and have been for 25 years +. Certainly for last season when it was free to watch. I never changed my log in details from season 20-21  and yet it would not let me log in.  My friend had a similar issue. 

Q 70 minutes of me emailing the TV company and them telling me they had not got my details. I was like well nothing has changed from last season. And they said well you cannot log on as we don’t have your details from the club for this season. Eventually they relented only for me to see St Mirren score their 2 goals 😡. Did not improve my mood much. 

Contacted the club the next day to advise of the issue. Sent polite email as instructed as thinking this may affect others. Never heard back 🤷‍♂️. More things change the more they stay the same. 

So yes this could be fun on Boxing Day. 

Useful reminder, just logged in to check, all ok.

Used Motherwell TV for the first time this season on Saturday.

The login seemed very tedious. I remembered last season always logging in with forename-surname-4numbers but after around 25 minutes of getting nowhere and 5 minutes into the game I eventually got in using just the 4 numbers as my username.

Was this always the case? Feel like I just completely dreamt up the other login method but was so sure of it.

Anyway, the stream worked fine, would rather just crowd noise than the commentary we offer but it is what is it.

15 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

The login seemed very tedious. I remembered last season always logging in with forename-surname-4numbers but after around 25 minutes of getting nowhere and 5 minutes into the game I eventually got in using just the 4 numbers as my username.

Was this always the case? Feel like I just completely dreamt up the other login method but was so sure of it.

Anyway, the stream worked fine, would rather just crowd noise than the commentary we offer but it is what is it.

My login is the name thing you described 

46 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

There is a separate login for PPV games (european games in the case of Season Ticket holders last year) - so one on ppv.motherwelltv was my email address and the normal league games one live.motherwelltv is the weird user name that is tied to your season ticket account.

The login always worked fine for me - the technical problems with streams were pretty bad throughout (reliable video at the start and reliable audio at the end) and I could never get Chromecast to work reliably or eventually, at all even though it was perfect for anything else I threw at it. 

Yeh I’ve got the login I used for PPVs bought out with my ST account.

I definitely used the method forename-surname-4numbers so it’s just frustrating that it seemingly no longer works for me.

I actually tried to contact the club about it but couldn’t because the username I gave (in the above format) was deemed to be ‘too long’ and that’s why I tried just the number, which worked.

Thankfully can get in with no problems to watch the rest of the closed door season.

Can't help but feel Chairman Flao is right. Call the winter break now, let the players enjoy their first standard Christmas since they were nippers, let all the English boys go home for a few days. Reassess in mid Jan, aim to start the season again in late Jan based on projections.

In the meantime:

• Boys back in for a mini pre-season minus Celtic Dubai poolside beers or footgolf.
  • Someone tie Tony to a bed, present him with a typewriter and pen Misery style to compose his new contract. Lucketti adequately filling the Cathy Bates role.

In theory with no standard competition this summer (WC moved to Nov/Dec) the season could run on into June in theory. What are the plans for 2022/23? Was it due to start in early July to accommodate Qatar?

In theory 2-3 week summer break lets people away (if allowed) and shortness of break mitigates fitness levels dropping.

Was meant to be in hospitality for the Livi game. I suppose sinking glorious pints at Fir Park will need to be replaced with a dodgy stream and some beers in the house.

Without meaning to go too off topic, I'd love to see what data the government have to show that Motherwell v Livi (or any football match for that matter) will be putting significant pressure on the NHS. I've always been of the view that football fans and pubs/alcohol are easy targets and the recent announcements do nothing to change that view.

6 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Can't help but feel Chairman Flao is right. Call the winter break now, let the players enjoy their first standard Christmas since they were nippers, let all the English boys go home for a few days. Reassess in mid Jan, aim to start the season again in late Jan based on projections.

In the meantime:

• Boys back in for a mini pre-season minus Celtic Dubai poolside beers or footgolf.
  • Someone tie Tony to a bed, present him with a typewriter and pen Misery style to compose his new contract. Lucketti adequately filling the Cathy Bates role.

In theory with no standard competition this summer (WC moved to Nov/Dec) the season could run on into June in theory. What are the plans for 2022/23? Was it due to start in early July to accommodate Qatar?

In theory 2-3 week summer break lets people away (if allowed) and shortness of break mitigates fitness levels dropping.

There are 4 Nations League matches in June, our league needs to finish in May.