Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

aren't Lays, walkers?

Yup, a quick google confirmed it:
Frito-Lay primarily uses the brand name "Lay's" in the United States, and uses other brand names in certain other countries: Walkers in the UK and Ireland;

Which explains why I've always liked them when I've had 'em in them there Foreign Climes

36 minutes ago, ropy said:

But, why have Golden Wonder/Walkers not penetrated the European market.  Lay’s crisps are pish.

... and I'll wager ye cannae get Rice Krispies over there.

5 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

All this crisp chat….anyone driving to Sligo fancy bringing back a van full of Taytos? I’ll assure them a good home.

Are there really two brands of Taytos, north and south? Anyone done a taste test? 

10 minutes ago, Syme said:

... and I'll wager ye cannae get Rice Krispies over there.

I bemoan the lack of Ricicles anywhere.    Killed by the Nanny State!   Damn them for protecting the young 'uns, I want my wholly over-sugared breakfast confection!

They never did me any harm!

(Runs tongue over multitude of filled and generally knackered teeth, prods large belly, considers the incipient diabetes...
Well, maybe there's something to be said for it.)

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I've chucked them a tenner, I'm actually quite looking forward to this tomorrow even if it's a friendly. It's the one true dress rehearsal we have before Sligo and Thistle are already up and running in the LC so while I'm not expecting anything resembling a competitive fixture, hopefully the first 60-70 minutes at least is not the usual turgid pre-season stuff.

It'll be fascinating to see the team too, wee questions everywhere from the 4-3-3 v 3-5-2 to the vast majority of the personnel. From the outside Kelly, Slattery and KVV will start, everyone else could get the nod or not depending on how they've been doing in training.

I don't normally bother with friendlies due to them being turgid but I'm missing my football and it's a local game for me so I'm going to head down. I might even visit one of the local hostelries on the way!

I bemoan the lack of Ricicles anywhere.    Killed by the Nanny State!   Damn them for protecting the young 'uns, I want my wholly over-sugared breakfast confection!
(Runs tongue over multitude of filled and generally knackered teeth, prods large belly, considers the incipient diabetes...

Ricicles were the thinking man's frosties. A Rolls Royce of a cereal taken from us far too soon.

11 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I had a sneaky wee multi-pack of the weans Frosties this morning, first time I've had them in years...Christ on a bike...sugar rush still hasn't worn off...!!

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Are there really two brands of Taytos, north and south?  

This is true.

Nae European crisp will ever top the Jamon Ruffles, however. Get us into the group stages and get a Spanish team in our group, por favor! 

I’m assuming by the fact that we’re discussing *checks notes* international crisps, that it wasn’t worth me getting up early on holiday to see if I’ve got a Sligo ticket - f**k sake Burrows, club’s going down the pan. 

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

I’m assuming by the fact that we’re discussing *checks notes* international crisps, that it wasn’t worth me getting up early on holiday to see if I’ve got a Sligo ticket - f**k sake Burrows, club’s going down the pan. 

I sort of thought they would get the tombola out at 10 and start emailing folk by 11.  They must have a process after the Livingston Boxing Day match.

On 13/06/2022 at 21:13, rowsdower said:

The Twitter search has Callum Butcher linked with us. Quitting Twitter now, again.

Mind the ITK types from the Dundee United forums had Callum Butcher signing? He's just confirmed as having fucked off to Burton Albion.

So that's good.