Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Not surprised to see the usual suspects out in force about how "disgraceful" it is that we've let Woolery go.

Why don't these people realise that Motherwell has and always will be a selling club. If we're in a position to make any kind of profit on a player then we're never, ever going to turn it down.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Not surprised to see the usual suspects out in force about how "disgraceful" it is that we've let Woolery go.

Why don't these people realise that Motherwell has and always will be a selling club. If we're in a position to make any kind of profit on a player then we're never, ever going to turn it down.

Mental eh? As I was saying earlier, it's the same folk who moan that we aren't signing anyone good enough to sell on.

From the 'Gram:

Kaiyne Woolery has joined Turkish club Sakaryaspor for an undisclosed fee subject to international clearance. 

The 27-year-old joined Motherwell on a free from Tranmere Rovers last summer, scoring twice in 31 league appearances.

“Kaiyne told me at the the end of the season he didn’t feel settled in Scotland and he would like to explore his options during the summer," 'Well boss Graham Alexander said.

"We had a very amicable conversation about it all and and we agreed on two possible scenarios.

"We have come to a conclusion which suits both the club and player. I wish Kaiyne nothing but the best and thank him for his contribution last season."

Everyone at Motherwell Football Club would like thank Kaiyne for his efforts whilst at Fir Park and wish him every success at his new club.

Seems he was agitating/after it, maybe hardly getting a look in over Efford for the last 10 games may have been a factor .......

Undisclosed fee means to me bugger all otherwise both clubs would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Mixed feelings on Woolery to be honest.

Thought he was a bit underwhelming, first few times I seen him I thought he was going to be a key player. Quick but lacked any sort of cutting edge, his end product was very often lacking.

I was quite optimistic he would come into his own this season but clearly wasn't enjoying it. He seemed to get dropped everytime he had a half decent game right enough which would be quite irritating.

Hopefully we can recruit an adequate replacement with similar attributes. I think thats the one concern I have. I know we won't use the money we got but I hope we are actually looking to replace and not do what we done in January

Let's hope KVV isn't next or mwell twitter will be WW3

Edited by Luke92

4 hours ago, Al B said:

About as off-topic as it gets other than 'well fans helpinng a brother out, but our threads are legendary for their off-topic features that keep things entertaining, so whilst we're all waiting on Big Woolery deciding between earning a boat-load of cash to play in a roasting hot country, or being benched every 3 games in North Lanarkshire....please support ya boiii!

I've just released a new single that you can listen to on your streaming service of choice, link to my page on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal here:

www.songwhip.com/bastian2

where I will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks.

Also started a Youtube Channel where I'll be uploading a video every Friday with various musical shenanigans. First video below. Obviously no-one in music makes any money these days, so yer cliche'd Like/Subscribe/Comment on Youtube and adding to playlists on Spotify etc is the best way to support, as this interactivity is how the algorithms learn who you are and decide whether you are worth promoting/suggesting to others...which is where things can start to take off. Also I mean, if any of the boys from A View From The Terrace happened to send me a PM because they'd maybe like to use the track on the show, that would be pretty fucking helpful...not gonna lie 😘

Back to the football now......as ye were! (genuine and sincere thanks for any support, honestly)

You look like a Spaniard or an Italian, definitely continental.

Can you play right wing?

No problem at all with him leaving if he wasn't happy here. But I'm always a bit bemused by folk who say they don't feel settled somewhere, then their next move is to that notoriously-easy place to settle, "the arse end of beyond where you can't speak the language".

19 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

You look like a Spaniard or an Italian, definitely continental.

Can you play right wing?

As in, like....play for Airdrie?

I was frustrated by him ending up benched for Efford when he looked like he was hitting form, but his output over the course of the season doesn’t merit losing any sleep over him leaving - particularly if he won’t fit in to the shape we plan on playing this season.