Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, CoF said:

We’re badly needing someone who can just whippet in the box…

Wehhhh heyyyyy …… next we have the jugglers.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

He's 100% on the bench, coming on at 82 mins. (IMO obviously)

Just throw the guy in.

He’ll be standing at the sidelines from 63’ with the digital screen ready like Tierney last week.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

So we've signed Crankshaw (a winger), been linked with the Japanese guy (plays across the front 3) and I see we're also being linked with Dilan Markanday from Blackburn (another winger).

Without meaning to sound like one of Burrows' reply guys, who the f**k is looking at our squad and thinking these are the positions we need?

Maybe there's other things going on behind the scenes but, so far, I'm less than enthusiastic about our signings / any rumours. 

I think we all have a priority list of what we need addressed. For me I’d rather shore up the defence before looking elsewhere but signings come when they come and that’s the way it is. If we head into Feb with Sol and Lamie and SOD on his opposite wing as our first choice then we’re goosed. Sure the club would have liked to announced him on our terms but it was forced by news leaked in Japan.

I think Oats may be right, maybe our centre half business being done with Blaney. That and Lamie’s voodoo convincing magic.

With Penney off (not a surprise) I’d be shocked if LB was not our #1 target as we’ve no natural players nor understudies.

Still hopeful Morris is moved on. Issue is will high earner SOD when he’s currently our only LB alternative?

What Hammy has to foster now is a siege mentality where they all fight for one another. I’m not holding my breath.

56 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I also went to a Stockport game whilst on a stag-do in Manchester last year - against Cheshunt in the FA Trophy.

Sounds like yours was more atmospheric at least - the only singing at the game I went to was an individual guy singing "you're only here to see the county".

Turns out I saw Crankshaw for 86 minutes, before he was sacrificed after the goalie got sent off. Can't remember anything about him. The only name I knew from either team was Miles Hippolyte and he scored the only goal.

I'll be honest the football was shit but having pints before/during the game and getting to talk shit at Danny Johnson made it a good laugh.

6 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

If we were after a tough tacking midfielder then Gogic was available in the summer…..

Never been a massive fan but would bite yer hand off if offered

20 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

If we were after a tough tacking midfielder then Gogic was available in the summer…..

I said it at the time and got no passengers on board the Gogic bus.

According to transfermakt he’s been used as a centre half almost as much. Again that would be a nice thing to have.

Saying that Bacchus is a defensive midfielder is he not? Would rather have him.

Edited by Kapowzer

We don't have too much control over the order of signings, but we have to replace Moult, Aarons and Efford, and we have nothing in the youth ranks in these areas, so Im happy we're filling these spots.  

This guy has a Scottish granny, so maybe a Randy McBadger style homecoming.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It appears I can add Thistle to the list of clubs I've been mistaken for a fan of.

Also yes. If you're signing him, you're going down.

:lol: apologies. I genuinely had it in my head you were a Thistle fan (obvs).

Edited by capt_oats

Big Mandron hasn't set the heather alight everywhere it's fair to say but he had had 24 goals, 1 in 3 ish goal ratio, at Crewe over 20/21 and 21/22 at League One level. He's somehow not produced at League Two level this season other than a few goals but still has more than any in our team bar KVV.

Count me in for the 'might as well give him a chance' support group.