Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 hours ago, Swello said:

Secretary isn't a director. Given there are 4, one is the Chairman, 2 are from Well Society (who need to be represented on the main board) and that leaves Andrew Wilson. Or maybe the rumoured resignation is from the Well Society board?

Original whistle blowing post said board member not director, hence why I threw it into the mix

4 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Can I start a conspiracy that it's because of that polis guy that nobody likes?

Bob Park? Some people say he is a complete helmet. The type of helmet that you'd expect from an ex copper. was previously bullied, gets some power and becomes a complete cock, currently taking it out on wee boys. Some people say he is wee arse.

I've never had any dealing with him. So I canny comment. Only what I've heard.

Scott Burns saying we've started the work permit process...

#massive

Motherwell have started the work permit process for Japanese midfielder Riku Danzaki, writes Scott Burns.

The Steelmen have agreed personal terms with the 22-year-old.

They have also agreed a deal for Danzaki to be released from his contract commitments at Consadole Sapporo and his loan at Brisbane Roar.

Link

Penney's away back to Ipswich.

“Matt has now went back to Ipswich, however we remain in dialogue with them with regards to Matt,” manager Steven Hammell said.

“Although discussions are ongoing, we are constantly looking at viable alternatives in the transfer market.”

“Matt has been an outstanding addition to the team this season and should he not return to the club, I want thank him for his effort in his time at Motherwell.”

Link

On 16/01/2023 at 10:34, eliphas said:

Dunachie is formally back but could still be loaned back out to EK depending on transfer movements.

Doesnt sound likely...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-boss-responds-motherwell-28978532?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

EK is South Lanarkshire surely.

I am not having folk from EK claim they are part of the "southside"

Thankfully I don't know anyone who claims to be from the southside down this neck of the woods, South Lanarkshire.

I didn't even know it was up for debate tbh.

43 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Thankfully I don't know anyone who claims to be from the southside down this neck of the woods, South Lanarkshire.

I didn't even know it was up for debate tbh.

43 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Agreed. No having that claim whatsoever. 

Just to clarify, I've never heard tht claim either. I just wanted to nip it in the bud in case it started.

I know big Sol has been getting it tight generally lately (not unreasonably) but to back up the whole #data argument in his favour I was having a browse through the stats on this site - https://fbref.com/en/comps/40/Scottish-Premiership-Stats

And what do you know...the big man is 4th in the league for tackles won and 3rd for interceptions.

390729889_Screenshot2023-01-18at10_49_18.thumb.png.9ab15e54d82e86a3cb8147552de91519.png

17 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Just to clarify, I've never heard tht claim either. I just wanted to nip it in the bud in case it started.

I was looking for clarity as it is as likely as not to be the next Lanarkshire derby.