Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm not sure I can get that het up about a CEO leaving us regardless who it is or the circumstance.

Probably because I don't even think we need a CEO tbf. Semantics and titles maybe more than anything but some sort of general manager and more active chairman and board  feels more right for a club like us 

Good time for a re-jig I think.

We should have had a statement out yesterday though lined up with Aberdeen. Given Alan is still in the building I'm surprised that didn't happen.

Edited by eliphas

Just now, Swello said:

Aye - anyone mad at Burrows about this is way out - every business has to deal with replacing folk that leave and I think that is where any criticism is justified.

Oh aye. In the grand scheme of things man resigns from job and gets a new one isn't something I'm going to be angry at. But there's no danger the board were blindsided by Burrows leaving so it seems they've just sat with their collective thumb up their collective arse. 

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Like Al and @Desp I am bit perplexed at folk upset that Flow has taken another job. The board should have been preparing for this despite the initial thoughts Alan would be in place until another CEO is appointed.  

I am only shocked he's still in the building. Well let me correct that. I am not shocked cos I bet he's the only person that keeps that place running on a daily basis. 
He should really be on gardening leave as someone else suggested.

Aye, in the businesses where these guys have earned their money, going to a direct competitor would always trigger gardening leave, so why should they treat the same situation differently at a football club?

Get him on leave, onto the Club 100 bus to Kirkcaldy pished, then a nice picture with the Bois at the game under a banner saying 'PARK IS A GRASS'.

Boys done a good job, a wee blow out is the least he deserves.

Just now, ropy said:

Will he get Saturdays off to get down to Fir Park?

Next time we have a game against Aberdeen on TV, they should leave the ManagerCam on Burrows the whole time to see what he does when Motherwell score.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

be nice in our thread you!

Just a wee jab pal. In no position to criticise anyone's team really given the shitshow we've been through in the last few years! 

My tuppence as an outsider - Motherwell have completely fucked it, Flow's done nothing wrong, good luck to him, cannot believe he's not been put on garden leave.

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Just a wee jab pal. In no position to criticise anyone's team really given the shitshow we've been through in the last few years! 

My tuppence as an outsider - Motherwell have completely fucked it, Flow's done nothing wrong, good luck to him, cannot believe he's not been put on garden leave.

See you in soon

16 minutes ago, Al B said:

I can't help but think he's the ideal guy to start learning coping mechanisms from 😂

very true

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

A true classic.

On the one hand I think the Board have been asleep at the wheel. On the other I think (pretty sure) no other Board member is Full time nor gets paid probably anything other than expenses if that. So it is hard to be too critical although you do think if they are not up to it then let’s freshen up the Board. Not just at CEO level.

I still think Flow was more of a General Manager initially and was given title CEO after Leanne left in part to placate him for his paltry salary, but also so he could be seen and communicate at same level as other CEO’s. It should not matter but Titles mean a lot to people. Those who have them and those who are dealing with them. 

There will inevitably be a vacuum until we get a replacement. And that is my concern as the last thing we need alongside a failing team is a part time Board with no obvious focal point for day to day matters. 

We could win on Saturday and the again next midweek and all of a sudden these problems seem less important. But not sure I nor many well fans expect much on the field.

Edited by welldaft

It's a unique situation in that the only full time person on the board is the one leaving and needing replaced. So it falls on the part time/retired chairman and board members to get the replacement in the door. They say they had already got that process started with a recruitment agent so that seems ok? It's not like we should be expecting to see job ads in the windows at Reed recruitment. But the comms should have been better I'd say 

Taking everyone at face value, if Alan and Aberdeen only started talking less than 4 weeks ago and the clubs have since sorted it all out then we should be able to get ourselves a new CEO sharpish no bother.

Like I say, I'm finding it hard to get annoyed about much of this

Edited by eliphas