Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I mean, KVV's clearly getting sold in the summer but Cowan's whole line about him giving up his rental as some sort of smoking gun is fucking moronic.

He might be moving to another gaff, maybe he's moving in with his bird, he might just not want to pay rent over the summer and sticks his stuff in storage if he's going to be back in the Netherlands and away on holiday.

There are plenty of entirely rational, everyday reasons that don't warrant Tam Cowan: Citizen Detective getting on the case with his sweetie wife pish.

Edited by capt_oats

I'm quite enjoying the discourse on Motherwell Twitter at the moment:

I clocked Alexander comparing the big man to Cantona in an interview recently and IMO...it's entirely fair comment.

“I think that, because of his build, there’s still a misconception that he’s a battering ram but he also has pace and vision and there isn’t a better technical player in the Premiership. Kevin is a throwback. I’ve always bristled when I hear players described as mavericks because football is a team game but that’s exactly what big Kev is. He does his own thing and what he does very few other players can do.

"He’s a throwback to the 1970s flair players like Frank Worthington, Tony Currie and Alan Hudson. More recently, when Eric Cantona signed for Manchester United, David Beckham and Paul Scholes and that Class of 92 have spoken about how they’d all stay behind after training and practise because that’s what Eric did.

“Kev’s like that. The other players know they have a chance if they can just get the ball to him.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

Morning all. 

Can I take this opportunity to withdraw all my previous comments about KVV and his attitude / body language during Hammells darkest hours.

The big man can do whatever the ##ck he likes and its absolutely fine by me!

Absolute masterclass yesterday. My favourite was the nutmeg on big Taylor. If he had scored that chance I may have spontaneously combusted.

He did seem very emotional at the end of the game. Seriously hope it was just exhaustion and not something more personal.

The big man will be a loss next season, really hope he gets the 30 and gets carried shoulder high off the pitch on the last day of the season.

I've probably missed it being mentioned - but how far back do we need to go to find another 'Well player scoring in so many consecutive games? I've never seen it as far as I know...

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've probably missed it being mentioned - but how far back do we need to go to find another 'Well player scoring in so many consecutive games? I've never seen it as far as I know...

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

Not far at all..... just the last page of the match thread.

Edit: or the good captain's post directly above which he must have posted at the same time as me.!!

Edited by 'WellDel

21 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

It’s a insane touch from Van Veen to control that long pass from Kelly.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Motherwell player pull off the likes in the past.

The one he took in the first half when the Killie player got booked was also ridiculous. 

Taylor Swift GIF by AMAs

What a goal it is.

Every club in Scotland has ambitions of a KVV. Big, physical, scores plenty and other teams fans think he's a dickhead. What's not to enjoy?

If we could just pull someone in like that when Main leaves, I'll be a wee bit chuffed.

Amazing that there were Celtic fans laughing at the prospect of him being POTY cos Kyogo has scored like 2 or 3 more so deserves it. Kyogo is shooting fish in a barrel compared to KVV who for me, wins it by an absolute mile. 21 league goals is quite literally the difference between Motherwell staying up and being rock bottom.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Amazing that there were Celtic fans laughing at the prospect of him being POTY cos Kyogo has scored like 2 or 3 more so deserves it. Kyogo is shooting fish in a barrel compared to KVV who for me, wins it by an absolute mile. 21 league goals is quite literally the difference between Motherwell staying up and being rock bottom.

Consider he's scored 25 this season for a team who didn't win a game between October and February I would say he's a stick on for it. And that's before I stick my tinted spectacles on.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Consider he's scored 25 this season for a team who didn't win a game between October and February I would say he's a stick on for it. And that's before I stick my tinted spectacles on.

Don't know when the voting opened and if still open, his recent purplest of all purple patches could be too late? I mean we put our goal of the season montage up with 5 still to play but I get it needs totalled before the awards dinner.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

KVV would definitely have his equivalent of the Higdon in the cells moment but I'm struggling to think of what it would involve.

Following Declan Gallagher around the awards hall nipping his arm and standing on his foot until he snaps. Both huckled.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Following Declan Gallagher around the awards hall nipping his arm and standing on his foot until he snaps. Both huckled.

Marshall standing shaking his head, not sure whether to get involved.

14 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Don't know when the voting opened and if still open, his recent purplest of all purple patches could be too late? I mean we put our goal of the season montage up with 5 still to play but I get it needs totalled before the awards dinner.

Its around now isnt it?

That was the excuse used for them voting Gerrard as Manager of the Year while Callum Davidson won the double.