Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

37 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If he's willing to play for pennies, is he not worth the gamble, MY GOD NO IT'S STARTING AGAIN ISNT IT?!?

Youve got to ask yourself why hes willing to work for pennies, i guess.

Kettlewell is obviously a very pragmatic manager with a clear vision of what he wants to do/which direction he wants to take the club in, and for him there's not an ounce of sentiment or nostalgia involved in the decision if Moult or his agent were to approach. I imagine it'd be a very definitive 'No thanks'.

Not happening, and I'm quite happy with that. He's finished at any serious level and you wouldn't want another failed return taking away from the memories of him in his prime.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh, he's absolutely for the glue factory, no doubt about it.

If - massive if - we think he has coaching potential, I have nothing against him joining the academy at whatever level while he does his badges.

And if SK is willing, sure, register him as a player for emergencies or 15-20 minute cameos.

But even then, him being number 20 on the bench takes a spot/minutes a 17-year-old can get.

It's a massive shame but time for everyone - Moult included, really - to accept he's just not capable of being a full-time pro any more.

17 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

On a slight tangent, do any season ticket holders have their £5 tickets for tomorrow going spare? 

I'd like to take my lad along to his first game, but not sure how well he'll tolerate it at 3 years old so haven't wanted to shell out £50 for me and the Mrs just to possibly leave after half an hour.

Would be gratefully received, happy to send monies by PayPal etc. 

I’ve sent you a DM

So we have Morris, McGinley, Carroll etc sitting around not contributing. I would much rather have Moulty sitting around doing very little. Good for the soul. And who knows he may just contribute even for a few months / games. 

If we have to offer him a 2 year deal on top dollar = no thanks.

If we offer him a pay as you play deal = yes please. 

confused jeff bridges GIF

We pay nothing while he's injured you say? .......

Out a gig and wanting to compete at as high a level as possible you can't blame him exhausting his options. And I'd be inclined to be cynical if I hadn't seen him at Hampden in with the hoi polloi back in 2016/17.

I'd say he'd be also trying to get on a Wrexham podcast in the next few weeks too. Closer to home before you consider the Hollywood factor.

Edited by Kapowzer

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's humble and is aware anyone can access his transfermarkt stats?

He managed not far off the same game time in 6 years elsewhere than he managed in his last half season and most recent loan spell combined. He also scored 5 more goals with us in half a season than he's managed in those 6 years.

Screenshot2023-05-20at11_21_19.thumb.png.6b10278d2691d401648e546b6df7967b.png

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I am 100% no to Moult.

I fell for it once he signed the last time. Got sucked in.

Not this time.

Love you Louis but it's for the best.

Maybe rose-tinted glasses but, when he was fit enough to play last time round, did he not actually look... not bad? Certainly more of a football brain and idea of link-up play than anyone else we were trying to play with Van Veen.  Probably a moot point though as he's unlikely to be here next season to link up with. 

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Maybe rose-tinted glasses but, when he was fit enough to play last time round, did he not actually look... not bad? Certainly more of a football brain and idea of link-up play than anyone else we were trying to play with Van Veen.  Probably a moot point though as he's unlikely to be here next season to link up with. 

He was good aye. You could almost feel Van Veens relief that he finally had someone on his wavelength beside him. Shame it didn’t last, that partnership would’ve caused chaos. 

2 minutes ago, CoF said:

He was good aye. You could almost feel Van Veens relief that he finally had someone on his wavelength beside him. Shame it didn’t last, that partnership would’ve caused chaos. 

Yup ..... and potentially kept Hammy in a gig ......