Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Interesting that the "maths jotter" pattern doesn't line up going from Amber to Claret on the top. 

On first glance, the new top was classic Motherwell kit, but there's too many flaws on closer inspection. Da f**k is the giant sponsor all about? 

Fair play to "G4 Claims" though, their washin' basket must be empty. 

IMG-20230623-WA0003.jpg

The sponsor troubles me, not going to lie.

I have enough dealings at work with Digby Jones and Dallas McMillan claims, without my football team encouraging them.

Tbh, I'd much rather we continue to encourage gambling or pawning of family heirlooms / stolen goods in the area, than encourage swathes of fraudulent claims.

Btw, I have no issue with legitimate claims whatsoever, but the rise of these parasites, the number of fraudulent claims is on the rise, year after year.

I'd rather we were sponsored by Uppercrust or the Electric Bar.

🤷‍♂️

53 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The sponsor troubles me, not going to lie.

I have enough dealings at work with Digby Jones and Dallas McMillan claims, without my football team encouraging them.

Tbh, I'd much rather we continue to encourage gambling or pawning of family heirlooms / stolen goods in the area, than encourage swathes of fraudulent claims.

Btw, I have no issue with legitimate claims whatsoever, but the rise of these parasites, the number of fraudulent claims is on the rise, year after year.

I'd rather we were sponsored by Uppercrust or the Electric Bar.

🤷‍♂️

Spot on. 

Having worked in insurance it's these companies that encourage folk to claim injury or give them a hire car at extortionate rate. In turn, everybody else's premiums go through the roof. 

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Really? Ours have been great, lately.

👀

:lol:

Funny that…

Tbf, it’s not even Burrows fucking off that’s the problem, well it is but our Head of Digital, Brand and Communications left for West Ham over a year ago and the position is still vacant.

We’ve gone from having someone heading up that dept and working alongside a switched on CEO whose background at the club was comms to… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s been noticeable.

8 hours ago, Desp said:

Interesting that the "maths jotter" pattern doesn't line up going from Amber to Claret on the top. 

IMG-20230623-WA0003.jpg

It seems that it's 2 pieces of the shirt stiched together rather than 1 piece coloured at the hoop section. The Amber piece seems to be on top of the Claret section. Will probably vary between each shirt.

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It seems that it's 2 pieces of the shirt stiched together rather than 1 piece coloured at the hoop section. The Amber piece seems to be on top of the Claret section. Will probably vary between each shirt.

I'll be putting a compensation claim into G4 if the patterns on mine don't match up.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Really? Ours have been great, lately.

👀

I know Burrows hasn't been with you very long but has he made a noticeable difference?

Keith Lasley went to St. Mirren and pretty quickly their fans seemed delighted with how their club was being run and a number of initiatives which seemed very similar to what we had been doing.  Fair enough, that's what they brought him in for. We just seem a bit rudderless at the moment. 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

:lol:

Funny that…

Tbf, it’s not even Burrows fucking off that’s the problem, well it is but our Head of Digital, Brand and Communications left for West Ham over a year ago and the position is still vacant.

We’ve gone from having someone heading up that dept and working alongside a switched on CEO whose background at the club was comms to… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s been noticeable.

27 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know Burrows hasn't been with you very long but has he made a noticeable difference?

Keith Lasley went to St. Mirren and pretty quickly their fans seemed delighted with how their club was being run and a number of initiatives which seemed very similar to what we had been doing.  Fair enough, that's what they brought him in for. We just seem a bit rudderless at the moment. 

Not spoken to anyone who hasn't been impressed.

Some of it is just lip service but we've been used to hearing from the boardroom when things are going really well or really poor.

For me personally, I'm already wondering if we'll get two years out of him. A bit like Duk 🤣

Edited by DukDukGoose

33 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Personally I’ve felt the club has been like that from before Burrows scuttled away. 

To me the loss of the much maligned Grant Russell and his missus Laura Brannan was the start of the lack of communication from the club. 

However even under their tenure actual information about the playing side of things was getting less and less. 

We have went from a team lauded for our social media, praised by all, to imo the exact opposite.

25 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Personally I’ve felt the club has been like that from before Burrows scuttled away. 

To me the loss of the much maligned Grant Russell and his missus Laura Brannan was the start of the lack of communication from the club

However even under their tenure actual information about the playing side of things was getting less and less. 

We have went from a team lauded for our social media, praised by all, to imo the exact opposite.

See, that entirely makes sense because we've not replaced either (AFAIK).

Say what you like about Burrows but his job prior to stepping down was CEO not head of comms. Like, I'd imagine he took on some of Grant's role but it'd have been on top of his actual job and I'm sure that wasn't the only stuff he was being asked to cover.

Anyway, a friendly reminder that the vacancy for Head of Digital, Brand and Communications was first advertised on 1st March 2022 (and it really is an all timer):

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/03/01/vacancy-head-of-digital-brand-and-communications/

It's definitely pitched to a very specific type of candidate...

On the face of it, the strip looks great. The band going all the way round is a major bonus but as others have said, the sponsor looks huge/too big and up close the maths book effect isn’t great.

I’d like to add that the sleeves are far too short. 

I’m not even remotely bothered as I’m more concerned of who will actually be wearing it on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Say what you like about Burrows but his job prior to stepping down was CEO not head of comms. Like, I'd imagine he took on some of Grant's role but it'd have been on top of his actual job and I'm sure that wasn't the only stuff he was being asked to cover.

Anyway, a friendly reminder that the vacancy for Head of Digital, Brand and Communications was first advertised on 1st March 2022 (and it really is an all timer):

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/03/01/vacancy-head-of-digital-brand-and-communications/

Alan B should have had that role filled long before he left so that is on him, in my opinion. 

I do think we have and have had too many roles that we simply cannot afford to pay the going rate for which is why they are left empty. One of them being a CEO position which is a CEO and more, and the other the multi-faceted Head of Brand, Comms and Media 

I've said it before but the off field stuff needs a rejig in my opinion. It needs simplified to a structure that fits our budget as the roles out there like Grant's old one we simply cannot afford the candidate that we are shooting for / Alan B was shooting for in that advert.

Les H put in what ended up an overly bloated board and sub board structure..we simplified that and we need to probably do it again. Not to bowling club levels but...you know.

Edit: It really is the off season.  Are we away to Holland today?

Edited by eliphas

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

When I read it I took it more as Flao listing his CV of past and current achievements, making sure they weren't overlooked by the fans at times (while mopping the floors and painting the main stand steps) rather than a realistic candidate they could hope to attract at the money they're offering.

The 20 or so individuals that adhere to all the requirements are on multiples of what we're offering and there's 50-60 clubs ahead of us they'd rather be at.

6 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

+1 to this.

Would also consider The Mandarin an acceptable sponsor.

Indian Villa, surely? 

Front of shirt sponsor and taking over the pie stalls in a double swoop.