Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

St Johnstone are out I think, St Mirren only hve 6 pts from 3 games and Livi 7 (compared to our 8 )

If St Mirren win at home v Forfar on Saturday they win the group , if that happens they'll be seeded ? Maybe not ?

Edited by billyg

I really am not too bothered about if we are seeded or not. Whether we win the cup is not going to hinge upon whether we play Celtic in the last 16 or in the final - we're going to need to beat all of the same teams at end of the day. We could just as easily be seeded and get St Mirren or Livi, or be unseeded and get Airdrie or Ayr. 

We should be aiming to get through the group stage at an absolute minimum, but we're still in essence in pre-season. Minutes in legs and getting new/young guys bedded in for the season ahead more important for the season as a whole imo.

6 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I really am not too bothered about if we are seeded or not. Whether we win the cup is not going to hinge upon whether we play Celtic in the last 16 or in the final - we're going to need to beat all of the same teams at end of the day. We could just as easily be seeded and get St Mirren or Livi, or be unseeded and get Airdrie or Ayr. 

We should be aiming to get through the group stage at an absolute minimum, but we're still in essence in pre-season. Minutes in legs and getting new/young guys bedded in for the season ahead more important for the season as a whole imo.

I remember the year when Dundee United had to go to Dens in the final group game and win to ensure a seeded place, they did and Dundee had done enough to go through as a second placed team.  In the following round, seeded Dundee United were drawn to play Dundee at Dens.

East Fife will be interesting. I've full faith we'll beat them but if they take us to penalties and win then they'll finish 1st. Can't really fault them if they stick 11 men behind the ball from minute 1 and dare us to try and break them down.

Scratch that we're fine as long as we don't lose :lol:

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

9 hours ago, billyg said:

If St Mirren win at home v Forfar on Saturday they win the group , if that happens they'll be seeded ? Maybe not ?

Other way round. If Forfar win they'll have a 100% record and a good chance of being seeded. Better for us if they don't. Airdrie winning last night didn't help as they're also now likely to be on 12 points. We need Kilmarnock and Ross County to slip up tonight. 

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Other way round. If Forfar win they'll have a 100% record and a good chance of being seeded. Better for us if they don't. Airdrie winning last night didn't help as they're also now likely to be on 12 points. We need Kilmarnock and Ross County to slip up tonight. 

Aye the last minute winner for Airdrie last night was a blow especially as they have Bonnyrigg as their last game. Looks like they will end up on full points and seeded. Not so worried about Forfar as I don’t see them winning in Paisley on Saturday.

Kilmarnock have Raith Rovers at home tonight while County are away at FC Edinburgh. We need at least one of them to step on a banana skin to have  a chance at seeding.

While I agree it’s great to clear the deadwood and get rid of most of the crap, we also have lost a fair bit of quality and in my opinion have not adequately replace them. 

Still time, yes I get it, looking for three more, great can’t wait, are we in as good a place as we finished last season squad wise, IMO not in the slightest. 

Sadly I think to add any quality we need to clear out the dreck first. We've been burning money like the K-Foundation in the past year on shite transfers, shiter contract extensions and even shiter managerial appointments.

Edited by well fan for life