Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We really just need to settle down and make the right decisions more. So many times we just passed the ball side to side despite better alternatives.

Also c9rners amd free kicks had absolutley no end result. Straight to the keeper or a Dundee player.

15 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

We really just need to settle down and make the right decisions more. So many times we just passed the ball side to side despite better alternatives.

Also c9rners amd free kicks had absolutley no end result. Straight to the keeper or a Dundee player.

The first bit comes with having better quality footballers, something we can’t afford to maintain across the full squad.

The second part I know what you mean but also the conditions really played a part in that. 2nd half Spittal trying to take corners out that puddle looked a nightmare. 

I don’t mean to sound flippant or put to much pressure on the young lad.

However, Lennon Miller in the best young 16 year old midfielder in world football in fact probably the best player in the world, ever. 

Just my opinion mind 😎

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

The first bit comes with having better quality footballers, something we can’t afford to maintain across the full squad.

The second part I know what you mean but also the conditions really played a part in that. 2nd half Spittal trying to take corners out that puddle looked a nightmare. 

For the first part  I felt they were below what even theyshould be held to.

The second part still had issues on all over corners as in they just floated to the keeper or the first Dundee player. I was really getting a bit mad that we weren't making any effective use of the corners or free kicks.

Anyway, it's over now. Need to simply review it and prepare for the hobs game. Hopefully they have a less than helpful time against the European team on Thursday.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Need a lot more from Souare moving forward in this system. Dare I say it but McGinley got in better positions.

Not going to pretend I saw much of the game, but it was him breaking his neck to get into the box that gave Bair space, eh? 

Funny one, Bair. Expectations so low, but with players like that (Fisher/White) you felt if they got an early goal for us they'd have been much better in the long run, fingers crossed we get *something* out of him.

Agreed on Miller. Absolutely class.

8 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Not going to pretend I saw much of the game, but it was him breaking his neck to get into the box that gave Bair space, eh? 

Funny one, Bair. Expectations so low, but with players like that (Fisher/White) you felt if they got an early goal for us they'd have been much better in the long run, fingers crossed we get *something* out of him.

Agreed on Miller. Absolutely class.

Yeah your right on Souare on that breakaway. Which shows he has the pace and willingness to get forward...we need him to do it as a left wing back during the normal game though and get a lot more crosses in/create space up that side. 

First thing Kettlewell said prematch was that Bair was here on a much reduced contract compared to his one in Perth.  He has his finger on the pulse of the questions from the fans.  He reads it here?

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

First thing Kettlewell said prematch was that Bair was here on a much reduced contract compared to his one in Perth.  He has his finger on the pulse of the questions from the fans.  He reads it here?

the thread 

5 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

Sorry, can't say I agree with any of that assessment of today. 

Bair finished his goal brilliantly and linked the play really well, nice flicks and layoffs, and worked hard when out of possession. 

The conditions were ridiculous, and there was a spell where we fell away but we certainly weren't "lucky" to get a draw. 

Kelly dealt with every cross that came his way, both punching and catching, and he could have done nothing about the goal. Their goal aside, Dundee had one shot on target, which was dealt with. 

Ridiculously harsh assessment of SOD too imo, he was absolutely fine. The mis-hit cross I'll give you but once again our best attacking play came from him linking with Slattery, McGinn and Spittal down the right. Oh, and he got an assist. 

As I said above, I expect more movement and I'd also imagine Mika will be starting as soon as he can. 

Finally, Miller was great again.

Sorry. Cannot say I agree with your assessment of today. 

Bair was bang average goal aside. He had plenty of chances to prove he will be a decent addition. He may well be. But he could not control the ball and lost possession on a few occasions. 

The conditions were ridiculous but Kelly was a liability. His efforts at cross balls were woeful and could have cost us a couple of goals at least. 

SODS was what SoDS is a bang average defender these days that could have done better in the final 3rd many times. 

Hey ho. That is football. 

On 03/08/2023 at 14:30, 'WellDel said:

Big Joel has looked ok on the couple of occasions I've seen him, and as an international star (according to Wiki, which has him listed as turning out for Cascadia ???) he may be Livi's prize asset, but c'mon tae feck. Martindale's fair clutching if he's comparing not receiving bids for him to us earning decent coin on KVV.

To be fair, a winger's main goal isn't to be scoring goals. Him and KVV play in completely different positions.