Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

31 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Aye they’re fair getting piled on on the cesspit for that and have doubled down by posting the article. Bold move. 

Almost as bold as charging a fucking fiver for a fanzine. 

No way - do people actually spend a fiver on that level of article writing?

34 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Can't stand vloggers at the football. Put your phone away and enjoy the game  

Not my thing but aye, you're right, our media do a such good enough job promoting the game, we don't need any more coverage.

Anyone able to find me a breakdown of last seasons West of Scotland Cup Final?  Did the Terrace Podcast, Open Goal or any of the others give it much time?  

But heh, SIWY Fanzine got a lot of coverage between Twitter, Reddit and pretty much apart from I guess Fanzine Contributors or hangers completely panned!  

25 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Anyone able to find me a breakdown of last seasons West of Scotland Cup Final?  Did the Terrace Podcast, Open Goal or any of the others give it much time?  

A View From the Terrace regularly have segments on their show about teams from that level and far lower not to mention recently having a 6 hour long podcast on the lower leagues just a few weeks ago. 

35 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

A View From the Terrace regularly have segments on their show about teams from that level and far lower not to mention recently having a 6 hour long podcast on the lower leagues just a few weeks ago. 

How many games did they go to, to give us their chat on Tiers 6 and 7?  On the TV program did they get video footage?

I don't mind vloggers to an extent as they have caught some memorable moments, as weird as it sounds I love watching other teams vlogs when we have beat them and it's caught from there perspective. That speccy nerd that supports Hearts filmed the McHugh SC game and the Seedorf\Hylton Tynecastle game and his meltdown is hilarious. Plus a young guy has caught a lot of Van Veens goals at Pittodrie.

However, that Sam North guys first Motherwell video was along the lines and I'm paraphrasing "the worst seat in Scottish football". His thumbnail was literally that clickbait style of a pillar in the way and that was the seat he was assigned. He contradicts himself in a later well vlog at the same game where he says he got a ticket to sit with that Goggsy guy.

When we played Sligo he suggested something happened and he felt threatened and he felt the need to leave prompt despite apparently filming whatever it was.

3 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I listen to all of their podcasts, they're pretty informative and are always decent banter, and they help with the commute as well as my homesickness.

I enjoy the lower league installment each week, and the 6 hour extravaganza is definitely worth a listen. If we eventually go down I'll console myself that at least we'll get a mention on the superior show 😄

9 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Not seen too much of this lads stuff on YouTube, but thought the general consensus was that he promoted Scottish football fairly well? Or has he just gone for the standard Old Firm bias?

Mindless immature morons. Irony klaxon.

The thing that leaves me scratching my head is that it was a planned walk to the stadium that no doubt the bois would be filming aswell and the point of a walk to the stadium is to be a spectacle. 

Think the statement was extremely unnecessary and crass you’ve got a pinned tweet about how it is okay to talk to friends and family then slagging a boy for crying. I don’t bring up the mental health aspect lightly because I have lost friends and family to it but it just doesn’t match up practice what you preach. There’s a way to make your point aswell and that is not one of them.

Btw I’m not for folk filming inside the stadium but I wouldn’t confront someone as they can film if they want it is a public place.

If folk want to film themselves at a game, wire in. I don't get it but it seems harmless enough.

What I can't get my head around is other folk taking time out their week to then sit and watch said footage on YouTube? Like, why? Get a fucking hobby in your life. 

15 minutes ago, Desp said:

What I can't get my head around is other folk taking time out their week to then sit and watch said footage on YouTube? Like, why? Get a fucking hobby in your life. 

Because maybe thats what they enjoy doing? I dont see why folk watch them but at the same time who the f**k are you to tell folk to "get a life"? Genuinely nothing annoys me more as its the shite ive had for years when looking at xG etc.

This need for, generally fat balding middle aged men, to try and tell folk that their hobbies are the only acceptable hobbies is just embarrassing. Especially as they miss the irony that being fat balding middle aged men, sitting on their phone on a couch in the living room, talking to kids on an Internet message board about football, isnt exactly the benchmark for a great exciting life either.

The engagement they’ve got on that tweet is mental. They’ve done that near impossible thing where they’ve united almost all of Scottish fitba against them and in support of an English vlogger. Incredible. 

They’ve held onto that grudge for over a year since the Sligo game and yet that’s still not the most insane part of the story. 

FIVE (5) pounds for their fanzine. 

10 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Sam North promotes Sam North, any games attended in Scotland are simply a recognisable setting for folk.

He had a go at the Bois last season for having the temerity of asking him not to film them, so I can't imagine they give a shit what he thinks.

He filmed my mate (and me) at Dunfermline in preseason.  He asked him to take it out (I didn't care).  He did that 10 million apologies and promised to find it and not include it, obviously he included it still.  Sam's a dick. 

The vloggers aren't really for me because I'm a 40 year old man but Sam North seems to me to be genuinely enthusiastic and interested in Scottish football.

He went a bit native with Rangers on their Europa League run but I can see how that would be attractive to a neutral. I also don't see anyone else covering EoSL or showing that Scottish football is fun to a demographic who are constantly bombarded with EPL, Messi and Mbappe.

Folk are entitled to dislike him but  putting a photo of him and tagging him in the twitter post is pathetic. Not to mention that people would pay money for that level of writing.

I have no idea who Sam North is, but that article seems like a (badly written) unnecessarily personal attack. If you’ve got an issue with vloggers at the football, that’s fine, but surely there’s a way to write about the wider trend than just piling onto some guy. 

If the guy is shining a light on Scottish football and especially the lower leagues and encouraging kids to get along to their local teams rather than following the EPL from afar then I don’t see the harm in it.