Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

So we've shifted 4200+ STs. For reference last season's figure was 4807.

Ironically that 4.2k figure is more in line with where we were pre-pandemic (4,488 was our previous record). GIven the price hike and also the fact that things have been quite low key over the summer it could have been worse eh?

This was summer 2019.

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So we've shifted 4200+ STs. For reference last season's figure was 4807.

Ironically that 4.2k figure is more in line with where we were pre-pandemic (4,488 was our previous record). GIven the price hike and also the fact that things have been quite low key over the summer it could have been worse eh?

This was summer 2019.

Given that the financial side of it means that a Season ticket is no where near the value that it was in the past, this is actually impressive. There has basically been a culture shift away from #PATG to season tickets as I don't think the actual attendances have moved significantly.

I’ve not been a season ticket holder for a few years now. There’s always stuff like weddings etc that just don’t make financial sense to get one.

I’d say I still make the majority of home games but my away attendance has plummeted in recent years. £27 doesn’t help for a start.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Garcia going out will quite count in our one in and one out game we seem to be playing. 

Everyone will be at different stages of life etc but I'm still a season ticket holder after 32 years which is a decent run. Couldn't see me giving it up unless I really had to money wise and I'm lucky enough I've not had to yet. Like my seat too much vs the games I miss.

'Only' turned 40, but my last 5-7 years or so it's definitely not made financial sense. Weddings like you say, children popping up etc. have meant other things have to take priority and for me that's meant away games also getting binned. Hopefully getting through that now for normality to resume 

57 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve not been a season ticket holder for a few years now. There’s always stuff like weddings etc that just don’t make financial sense to get one.

I’d say I still make the majority of home games but my away attendance has plummeted in recent years. £27 doesn’t help for a start.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Garcia going out will quite count in our one in and one out game we seem to be playing. 

13 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Any parking recommendations for tomorrow guys? Not been over to Fir Park for about 12 years.

Where did you park then?

Not convinced I would want to be an away supporter at Motherwell, there is parking around the Civic Centre but it’s a fair trek to the away end.

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think some of the roads are flooded...due to all the Motherwell tears. 

Don't think I've even seen a fanbase as rattled about a game they won as St Mirren fans are. Almost a week later and still going on about it. Proper tears and snotter type meltdown 

23 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Don't think I've even seen a fanbase as rattled about a game they won as St Mirren fans are. Almost a week later and still going on about it. Proper tears and snotter type meltdown 

Aye, we're absolutely raging to have reached the quarter-finals. It wasn''t our manager greetin about it afterwards. Or our fans fighting one another on the train back to Central. I'm just here to drink those salty tears. :) 

Dougie Payne Crying GIF by Travis

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes