Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, Desp said:

It would be absolutely brilliant if the contracts of fitba players worked the way folk on football message boards think they do.

Just get rid of player X and offer player Y his wages to stay.

It IS soft, but you know if it was the other way round its being given!

I think as fans all we want is consistency, so if they are getting that as a foul, Im wanting it as well.

Re Biereths goal v Hibs, slightly different in that he and the Hibs player are both pushing and pulling at each other all the way into the box so can be seen as eeksy peeksy. The Livvy boy has no contact with Sima, just gets between him and the ball and Sima pushes him. But that just gets us back to the original point.

I look forward to Oor Wullie letting us away with that kinda thing on Saturday!

Edited by joewarkfanclub

Ketts saying that a couple of the young players who have been involved with the squad recently will be going out on loan. Also saying that "hopefully in the not too distant future, maybe the next two to three weeks" we'll see Butcher, Biereth and Obika appear closer to the first team squad.

That's exciting eh?

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

quiet voice I don't think either were fouls, and I think the defenders in both cases were far too soft.

Brandon is getting to the ball last night and Seema isn't, so he uses his arm to shove him out the road. I don't know in what world you wouldn't consider that a foul.

Whether Brandon is "too soft" or not is a different matter - I think he could be more robust or physical, but that doesn't change whether it's a foul or not.

4 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Brandon is getting to the ball last night and Seema isn't, so he uses his arm to shove him out the road. I don't know in what world you wouldn't consider that a foul.

Whether Brandon is "too soft" or not is a different matter - I think he could be more robust or physical, but that doesn't change whether it's a foul or not.

Puts his hand on him to try and get some leverage, maybe a nudge, but his arm is bent rather than a straight arm push, and he's hardly thrown him out the way.

I dunno, I just wasn't convinced there was much in it, but that's just me!

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The "foul" given against you at Ibrox wasnt even the worst decision against you in that game, IMO.

You shouldvw had a penalty.

It looked that way but I didn’t feel my view of it was good enough to make a fuss of it, I expected a VAR review though, but nothing.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

💯 Joe, it’s as blatant a shove that you can get. You could even see the utter bemusement in the Livi players that it wasn’t given. 

Do we think Collum will give us a decision like that at the weekend… not a chance.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

What was this? I don't remember seeing anything on Sportscene. 

The ball came in from the right, I think Spencer was running onto it about six yards out and probably Tavernier pushed him off the ball.

https://x.com/zeshankenzo/status/1706668429858726181?s=46&t=sZVraqVj0_Y0ETD8LZQkog

Edited by ropy

4 hours ago, ropy said:

The ball came in from the right, I think Spencer was running onto it about six yards out and probably Tavernier pushed him off the ball.

https://x.com/zeshankenzo/status/1706668429858726181?s=46&t=sZVraqVj0_Y0ETD8LZQkog

Ah, that was the penalty claim. Nah, not having that. Don't really see  Tavernier doing anything and I would have been livid if that was given against us.

Edited by Archie McSquackle
Missing word

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Ah, that was the penalty claim. Nah, not having that. Don't really see  Tavernier doing anything and I would have been livid if that was given against us.

I have watched it a few times now and you better believe if one of our defenders does that on Saturday it is a penalty and a red card. 

We got away with one for Biereths goal v Hibs imho. Seen fouls like that given frequently. So not saying it as all one way. Just even with VAR the Old firm will still get the benefit of the doubt more times than not. Larger more vocal crowd and a referees wish for a peaceful life etc.