Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes and no. We defended well but Aberdeen spent the whole game shelling balls over our defence for Duk to chase, who instead would wrestle with a defender then throw himself down clutching his face.

I suspect a Sunday league team could keep a clean sheet againsy that.

Youve got the NAP of Bair scoring on your side aswell.

Luckily for you we can't seem to find the onion bag so you can be shelled all day.

One long ball too and you might be lucky to have a 17 year old midfielder as the LAST MAN 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SteelyDosser

Having watched the highlights a couple of times now, my thoughts are that I can’t see any difference between Millers red card and Wilkinson getting booked for diving. Can’t really see any difference. 

Also, looks like the Livi guy that Miller ‘caught’ was running towards another Well player rather than the goal.

VAR needs changed from Clear and Obvious to Give the Ref another look.

27 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Having watched the highlights a couple of times now, my thoughts are that I can’t see any difference between Millers red card and Wilkinson getting booked for diving. Can’t really see any difference. 

Also, looks like the Livi guy that Miller ‘caught’ was running towards another Well player rather than the goal.

VAR needs changed from Clear and Obvious to Give the Ref another look.

I think there's more contact on Wilkinson than there is on the Livvy player. You can actually see it clearly from the camera angles available.

They are either both fouls or neither are. 

Not sure it would have changed the game as the pen would have come a bit late in the day, but there does need to be consistency in decision making from our referees.

VAR was supposed to help with that.

We've lost four on the spin - lost 50% of our league games this season - yet we're still sitting 5th 🤷‍♂️

The break has come at a good time for us.  Our "good performances" against St. Mirren, Rangers & Celtic certainly papered over some cracks so I think, in the long run, throwing in an absolute stinker against Livingston before a two week break might not be the worst thing in the world.

It's very rare for a Motherwell manager to go through 7-8 months with very little, if any, criticism so it'll be interesting to see how Kettlewell responds to Saturday.  He got a lot of plaudits for the change to 3-4-2-1 when most of our strikers were out, but just going "same again" from Celtic at home to Livingstone away seems a bit strange.  There are times we'll need to change and adapt and Kettlewell, for all his strengths, does seem to lack a clear Plan B.  

Hopefully a two week break gives the likes of Butcher & Biereth to get a little closer to a first team return, and we see a return to playing two up front for St. Johnstone.

Just caught the highlights of the game, wasn't in a rush to watch them after suffering it in person on Saturday. 

From the stand I thought Wilkinson took a theatrical dive, but having watched it back I was harsh on him, it's not a penalty but I don't think for a second it should have been a booking for a dive. 

As others have said, the break will probably have been welcomed by Kettlewell. 

Steelmen is back on iplayer for the next month.Featuring  Luc nijholt, Jim griffen, iain ferguson, stevie kirk and Ian Angus, a great bunch of lads. Tom Boyd also appears

Edited by ac2907

2 hours ago, ac2907 said:

Steelmen is back on iplayer for the next month.Featuring  Luc nijholt, Jim griffen, iain ferguson, stevie kirk and Ian Angus, a great bunch of lads. Tom Boyd also appears

Aye, just another example of something that was seen as acceptable in the early nineties but is utterly abhorrent to many nowadays. 

Just fast forward the bits with the p***k in it.

FWIW...

bair.thumb.png.0a1cf331709daf308d796be08a63fbad.png

System reckons Bair is an ~average Motherwell striker, so 3rd choice for you lot is probably exactly where you want him.

Jermaine Hylton - Championship player of the month. Good on him 👏

In other news it is being reported that we are to cut the Celtic allocation in future to take out a number of rows at the front of the Tommy McLean stand. No doubt as a result of their antics and pitch invasion in the last game. You reap what you sow. Obviously means we will be out of pocket if this is true. And yes I know our fans invaded the pitch also before this is pointed out to me by those of a green and white persuasion…..

Also Ketts reported as being angry at players decision making 2nd half Saturday whilst absolving Lennon Miller of any blame. Quite strong words from the gaffer. Will see how the players react in Perth in a couple of weeks. Of course he is not wrong in what he is saying ! 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Jermaine Hylton - Championship player of the month. Good on him 👏

In other news it is being reported that we are to cut the Celtic allocation in future to take out a number of rows at the front of the Tommy McLean stand. No doubt as a result of their antics and pitch invasion in the last game. You reap what you sow. Obviously means we will be out of pocket if this is true. And yes I know our fans invaded the pitch also before this is pointed out to me by those of a green and white persuasion…..

Also Ketts reported as being angry at players decision making 2nd half Saturday whilst absolving Lennon Miller of any blame. Quite strong words from the gaffer. Will see how the players react in Perth in a couple of weeks. Of course he is not wrong in what he is saying ! 

The entire bottom tier should suffice. 

5 hours ago, Desp said:

The entire bottom tier should suffice. 

Still far too many , give them the minimum requirement and sell the tickets from fir park and make them produce photo I'd and proof of address.  

I nearly forgot charge them £100 for the privilege. Scum of the earth