Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Aberdeen and St Johnstone both 0-0 in their respective games so we're currently down to 10th as things stand. I'm watching the St Johnstone vs St Mirren seeing as they're our next 2 opponents. St Mirren have been the better side but a draw sounds about right. Any time I've seen Dan Phillips play he's all over the pitch covering every bit of grass. He nearly gave away a goal though, he's an opposition player I like to watch.

Just watching the highlights there and that first goal has got me more raging than I was last night.

The ball flies into the net in the MIDDLE. You would almost have to be trying to get out of the way for that to actually happen. No other team in the league concede that goal, none.

Why can’t we defend bread and butter near post corners ? 

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Hopefully just popping around all the others grounds dropping off CVs and making speculative enquiries to see if there are any coaching roles going.

Him and Richard Foster will be the Sportscene pundits in the New Year.

8 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Agent Burrows keeping Robson in place to help his boyhood team. Thanks Alan

Every confidence when they have the Final in their rearview they will bullet past us no worries. We need to hope Livi remain poor and we can try and stay in touch of St Johnstone and Ross County. I’d take 11th and a shot at Raith just now. I’m not saying we would win but it’s better than the automatic trap door.

11th is the best we can hope for I fear as Ross County and St Johnstone didn’t sit on their hands when it was time to change manager and are now motoring. 

I guess we can now look forward to the potential of (at best) finishing 11th, Utd bottling it, and Louis Moult relegating us. That’s the stuff that would keep you awake at night! 

8 hours ago, Quatermass said:

Every confidence when they have the Final in their rearview they will bullet past us no worries. We need to hope Livi remain poor and we can try and stay in touch of St Johnstone and Ross County. I’d take 11th and a shot at Raith just now. I’m not saying we would win but it’s better than the automatic trap door.

I'm mostly joking. But Robson could get the bullet any time now according to my Dons supporting mates. A good squad that's vastly under performing and eyes are on him for that 

10 hours ago, Dosser1886 said:

Reads more like a lazy journalist trawling football forums for a story

Think that's probably true about being lifted.

However, it's actually good for it to be lifted from the forums and into the public and accessible domain for others to read.

Other eyes go on it and I've no doubt a couple of the board take that into account. I've also bo doubt that a couple don't really care too much.

Kettlewell seems like he's getting Saturday. Anything but a win and he will be done I reckon. Has to be. 

25 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Think that's probably true about being lifted.

However, it's actually good for it to be lifted from the forums and into the public and accessible domain for others to read.

Other eyes go on it and I've no doubt a couple of the board take that into account. I've also bo doubt that a couple don't really care too much.

Kettlewell seems like he's getting Saturday. Anything but a win and he will be done I reckon. Has to be. 

Whether it's good or lazy journalism, it depends on what you expect. It's not really journalism at all by the old definition, there's nothing that resembles original reporting, there's no insight from those involved or external experts etc. It's been put together incredibly cheaply with a coffee from the office one afternoon.

On the other hand, as modern content it's great. It's interesting enough for non-Motherwell Scottish football fans, written coherently and can be put together incredibly cheaply with a coffee from the office one afternoon.

Edited by Handsome_Devil