Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Couple of ways of looking at it.

1.  All it’s meant to do is add a daft dimension to a process that’s already underway behind the scenes, inasmuch as it’s just saying ‘we’re open to investment’.  That cannot be the sum total of our efforts so far…

2. We are a shower of complete muppets who believe that the way to unlocking investment is to dress Liam Kelly as a lollipop man.

Why they didn’t do a version of the Bear with, er, Bair as Carmy Berzatto I don’t know.

Also, is Mel B really one of the only celebs they could think of? 

IMG_1917.jpeg

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

+1 on this as well.

I think this is the crux of my issue with it. Especially after years of Burrows and Russell working to "tell compelling stories" and create the idea of the club as a credible thing then they launch this.

I feel a bit sorry for Scott and the media team in so much as they'll have been told to put it together but as @Busta Nut says the actual messaging and "initiative" is entirely the work of unserious people who it would appear don't have a fucking clue what they're doing in this specific area.

But we definitely don't need a Head of Digital, Brand and Communications...

The only difference between this video and the videos under Burrows/Russell/Brannan is that it doesn't have a drone shot or a picture of someone standing in the steelworks talking about the past glories. 

To be honest, I think this video would have been better suited to being a promo video somehow shared privately with potential investors in America. Which clearly is what they are going for. With that lens I can see it potentially working and getting some people interested as it's a bit different to what you normally see.

Not sure having it as a campaign item put there on the socials is the right use of it. That, i do agree a head of media may have suggested we don't do. Or have a couple of different versions.

44 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I don't think the video itself is that bad. If we'd produced it as a bit of a giggle, with a bit more humour etc, the idea isn't a million miles off Hartley and the piano etc.

The trouble is - well, there's tonnes of trouble but as a stand out - it was trailed as a serious campaign and then muddled the serious message among the gags.

But clearly we don't need a proper head of comms or anything...

I'm not a huge fan of it BUT I don't think the actual video itself is the issue at all here tbh. Step back a bit from it and it's just a daft video with a clear message asking for investment (I think). 

It's the previous messaging which seemed to be giving a heads up to the fan base that a serious investment idea rather than a shoot for the stars pitch for an American investor

...and to think everyone was annoyed at Weir for basically saying it was quirky video and kind of distancing himself from it.

20 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I'm not a huge fan of it BUT I don't think the actual video itself is the issue at all here tbh. Step back a bit from it and it's just a daft video with a clear message asking for investment (I think). 

It's the previous messaging which seemed to be giving a heads up to the fan base that a serious investment idea rather than a shoot for the stars pitch for an American investor

...and to think everyone was annoyed at Weir for basically saying it was quirky video and kind of distancing himself from it.

Surely this can't be the actual investment discussion /opportunities that has been mentioned as potential in the last few months? Surely? 

That would be insane. It's like a 6th year school project. The fact we have paid an external company makes it even worse.

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Wait. Haud the bus, this was done by an external company? And we signed off on it?

Fuuuuuuuucking Hell.

@Busta Nut it's in my post - I muted her ages ago but she's right tbf.

I'm probably putting two and two together to get five, but I wonder if the media team didn't have much of a say in it going out and Brannan, who I assume worked with / is still in touch with some of them, has done that a a favour to try distance them from it. 

Edited by CoF

Getting the academy players to pretend to be fans cheering Spittal was enough to trigger my projectile vomit. Apparently whole thing created by 'Leith' advertisement agency.

Edited by Well Well

As a Well Society member, I have fired off an email asking exactly how much we paid “Scotland’s leading advertising agency” for this clueless tripe. Would encourage others do to do the same. It will easily be in the five figures.