Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Everyone (on the internet) knows Mika is being recalled. There's many ITK folk on there. Club are shite-in' it to say. 

In the old Comms teams days we'd be announcing him leaving with an arrival post at the same time /not long after + some Alan Burrows reply guys comments before that saying 'When we've got anything to report we will. We've multiple irons in the fire'

20 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Everyone (on the internet) knows Mika is being recalled. There's many ITK folk on there. Club are shite-in' it to say. 

It's very odd, you assume arsenal would only formally recall him when the next deal in place and his next club would presumably want him in for Saturday. While we may wish to combine it with good news, I imagine that wish is very much bottom of the pile in the grand scheme of things.

Just now, eliphas said:

In the old Comms teams days we'd be announcing him leaving with an arrival post at the same time /not long after + some Alan Burrows reply guys comments before that saying 'When we've got anything to report we will. We've multiple irons in the fire'

Looking forward to the double dunter of Mika being recalled and Halliday being announced.

Although, having said that I noticed Scott Burns updating a reply guy about Halliday so maybe it’s not so much of a given we’re signing him.

Sigh. 

This is possibly now up there with one of the worst windows we have had and also the squad looks like one of the worst squads we have had in years. 

Essentially 3 starters, and a first 15 player have left the club and been replaced by a position we already have a player in. 

We need that wee team graphic up to show our options but f**k me it looks grim.

A forward line of Bair, Obika and Shaw will not stop us from getting relegated.  Bair is too me only semi decent option in that line up. Obika and Shaw are coo’s.

A lot of goal scoring responsibility to now go on Spittal who is has been misfiring in front of goal this season. He needs to step up. 

Edited by wellboy1991

Our normal script in the seasons where we've been struggling before Xmas (and there have been *a lot* of those in the last 40-odd top flight years) is that we strengthen at the turn of the year and do what needs to be done in the second half of the season. I think because of this, we all tend to assume that we'll be stronger after January - but with the outgoings and Slattery injury, there is a real possibility or even a strong likelihood that we'll actually be weaker than we were during the epic winless run. Which is a slight concern.

Just now, Allroy for Prez said:

Without exaggerating, we are absolute toast now.

Our already piss poor paper thin squad has now lost its jewel in the crown. 

Honestly, just relegate us now and be done with it. 

Glad you're not exaggerating.