Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hmmmmm….

This doesn’t say that his loan has been cancelled.

Stacks up with what was said a few pages back. Good news if that's the case.

16 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

I have heard however re Montgomery that we are keeping him on our books. Celtic will do all the rehab and won’t ask us to pay his wage share until he is fit and back with our squad. Looking like 2 months out. Maybe a bit more. 

Hearts for Van Veen I could almost live with. Almost.

St Mirren and Killie if at all true would see quite the response from Well fans and it would not be pretty. Not at all. 

Shame for Adam Montgomery. Would be typical of our luck that we sign what looks to be a decent player. He gets  serious injury after only 1 game. Then returns to his parent club yet we pick up his or part of his wages. You would have to assume if he has gone  back to Celtic then that is that in terms of our interest and outlay. Nothing would surprise me however.

Jack Vale could well be a decent signing but is he going to really be any better than Wilkinson was ? Still feel we need a main striker and LB and maybe one other. All quite underwhelming so far. 

3 minutes ago, Al B said:

Stacks up with what was said a few pages back. Good news if that's the case.

If he played for Fleetwood and us emhe can't play for Celtic till summer, right? So I guess holding out the possibility of some game time in May makes sense but we're not paying for it in the meantime. I suspect he'll be a one-hit wonder for us but I guess he'll be a loan candidate for many in 24/25.

The Scott Burns tweet from last night had me looking forward to today to see what random jobbers we would bring in and convince ourselves are going to save our season but the suggestion of KVV going to Hearts, St Mirren or Killie has fair dampened my enthusiasm. You would have thought we could at least match any offer from St Mirren and would have an emotional pull, is Billy Bowie pouring money into Kilmarnock that puts them well above us financially?

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hmmmmm….

This doesn’t say that his loan has been cancelled.

It's pretty much the same spiel we used for Shaw's departure but it was mentioned the loan was terminated in his one. I just assumed with us posting this at 8.30 am that it was a sign that he was away and we were getting on with today's business. He is still listed on our squad list, it'll be interesting to see if he remains.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

f**k St Mirren and f**k Kilmarnock. 

Hearts I couldnae gie a f**k about. 

The same guy has since tweeted we have joined the race as well now.

I would be total heads gone if he signed for St Mirren or Killie fwiw.

If we can't get Kevin van Veen back and he is going to a Scottish club out of those three then Hearts is the best option I'm sure we'd agree?

If nothing else it spares us, for one day at least, the reigniting of "my da could batter your da", forced rivalry of Motherwell vs St Mirren, which is fast becoming one of the most tedious and pointless debates in Scottish Fitba.

Spoiler alert for those who have missed previous editions, fans of Motherwell think we're the bigger club, fans of St Mirren think they're the bigger club 😮

Edited by MurrayWell

10 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Spoiler alert for those who have missed previous editions, fans of Motherwell think we're the bigger club, fans of St Mirren think they're the bigger club 😮

Tbf I think the majority of us are just bemused people spend time on the internet doing that but whatever makes them tick.

I always find it bizarre to read when with Lasley and Robinson there (and some others) I'm actually happy to see them doing well!

KVV has the auld history of being very huffy and falling out with folk doesn’t he. If I was him I’d be thinking I got on pretty well and played my absolute best stuff under Kettlewell…….at a Club that I felt very comfortable at and the fans adored me.

Every chance he goes to St Mirren, Killie or Hearts and the old huff monster returns and they get heehaw from him.

Will this KVV deal not involve a fee to his current club plus significant wages plus signing on fee?

I honestly can’t see him heading to St Mirren. He will likely fly into Glasgow airport and that’s as close as he will get to us. 

Surely only one diddy club he could head to and that’s Hibs!

57 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If he played for Fleetwood and us emhe can't play for Celtic till summer, right? So I guess holding out the possibility of some game time in May makes sense but we're not paying for it in the meantime. I suspect he'll be a one-hit wonder for us but I guess he'll be a loan candidate for many in 24/25.

42 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

It's pretty much the same spiel we used for Shaw's departure but it was mentioned the loan was terminated in his one. I just assumed with us posting this at 8.30 am that it was a sign that he was away and we were getting on with today's business. He is still listed on our squad list, it'll be interesting to see if he remains.

Aye. I thought it was interesting because, vague comms aside (it implies the loan has been ended but doesn't explicitly say it), as @Al B said it tracks with the info @wellboy1991 posted the other day.

I suppose it's curious since if there's a cap on the number of loans we can have from clubs in the same division (I'm assuming it's the case there is) then having one who can't play potentially rules us out of a loan from another club - unless of course we know exactly who we're getting in and that's not a consideration so it's a moot point.