Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

The boy in the jester top should have a statue outside the Main stand.

Complete with ciggy in mouth.

1 minute ago, Vietnam91 said:

"Keep cigarettes away from the match"

An "Iconic" message above the East Stand that should never have been removed.

12 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Some Celtic fans in your end.

That's why I love it so much. They tried so hard to blend in and then they just cried and cried and cried and it was fucking glorious.

6 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

That's why I love it so much. They tried so hard to blend in and then they just cried and cried and cried and it was fucking glorious.

Some people are STILL crying and always will be. Yes Alan Thompson I'm taking to you.

“It was utter devastation. I’ve had lows in football but this was something from out of this world. I’d never seen or felt anything like it.

“I can understand ex-Rangers man Terry Butcher going nuts as the Motherwell boss, but McDonald celebrated like he’d just won the league.

“He went crazy with joy when thousands of Celtic supporters were on the floor in tears.

“The way Motherwell celebrated was an absolute disgrace. There was no respect. It was like they won that title.

The above is selected quotes from December 2021.

7 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

40 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I'm still smiling (I'm the first aider on the left, my brother is on the right).

This is up there with my all time Motherwell photographs.

nintchdbpict000002983349.jpg

As a first aider you should've wiped away their tears and put them in a jar

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I liked it when someone posted all the pics of the celtic fans somewhere a few year ago.

Alan Thompson: Rangers fans lap up Celtic hero's Helicopter Sunday tears

"Crying Man in Blarney Hat" was my favourite. I'd pay to see it in a gallery.

14 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Some people are STILL crying and always will be. Yes Alan Thompson I'm taking to you.

The above is selected quotes from December 2021.

I love the line about respect in there. It's definitely a one way thing when it comes to the old firm.

It's nice to know that the likes of helicopter Sunday and the playoffs will endure in the minds of OF fans and keep their piss at a steady boil.

59 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I'm still smiling (I'm the first aider on the left, my brother is on the right).

This is up there with my all time Motherwell photographs.

nintchdbpict000002983349.jpg

I may be mis-counting here but I see six Motherwell fans in this image.

Also why weren't Motherwell in their home kit?

18 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I love the line about respect in there. It's definitely a one way thing when it comes to the old firm.

It's nice to know that the likes of helicopter Sunday and the playoffs will endure in the minds of OF fans and keep their piss at a steady boil.

Thompson takes it to whole new levels though. Imagine the heads gone moment he would have if we beat the on the opening game? of the following season (3-3 if my memory serves me correctly.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Some Celtic fans in your end.

Looking at that, most of them seem to be Celtic fans! The column of seats in which the big lump wearing the white top is sitting; the guy to the right of the first aider; and bar the guy wearing the blue hoops, and the person next to him, the entire RHS of the stand shown! 

Knowing the OF as I do, I bet they were growling at the home support at the end for having the audacity to celebrate! 

Edited by G_&_T

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I may be mis-counting here but I see six Motherwell fans in this image.

Also why weren't Motherwell in their home kit?

There was a mental amount of Celtic supporters in our stands that day. Most in the East Stand were outed at their goal and unfortunately, some were "roughed up" (not my words, the words of a Celtic supporter who wrote into the Evening Times about his experience :) ).

The Cooper stand was basically full of them - watch the replay of the goals to see just how few folk were celebrating. 

2 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Looking at that, most of them seem to be Celtic fans! The column of seats in which the big lump wearing the white top; the guy to the right of the first aider; and bar the guy wearing the blue hoops, and the person next to him, the entire RHS of the stand shown! 

Knowing the OF as I do, I bet they were growling at the home support at the end for having the audacity to celebrate! 

There were a few around me in my seat in the east stand despite the section I was being mainly ST holders. I will always remember getting a call from my mum at 2-1 to "find your Uncle David and get a lift home". I was 17 at the time and I guess my mum was just concerened given the circumstances. I did find him, but to get to his car we had to cross Dalziel Drive in front of loads of, shall we say "rather upset" Celtic fans. Never did tell her about that one.

28 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

How is Andy Rose still turning up with relevance here in 2024?!

:lol: I noticed him commenting on the club Insta earlier and realised he'd probably played alongside Bair too. Pleasantly surprised to see him predicting his Balon d'Or run before anybody else.

23 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

There were a few around me in my seat in the east stand despite the section I was being mainly ST holders. I will always remember getting a call from my mum at 2-1 to "find your Uncle David and get a lift home". I was 17 at the time and I guess my mum was just concerened given the circumstances. I did find him, but to get to his car we had to cross Dalziel Drive in front of loads of, shall we say "rather upset" Celtic fans. Never did tell her about that one.

There were points during the game when I wondered whether bring a 6 year old into the bowels of the East Stand was a good idea but my son says it is one if those childhood moments of joy that will forever be etched in his memory