Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Signed till 2025 so apparently we're not that convinced or he's very convinced we're just a step up.

Good luck to him and hopefully he's not the last bit of good squad news in the next few weeks.

I keep seeing 2025 and forgetting it's next year. 

I mean it feels like the proper future to me 

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Signed till 2025 so apparently we're not that convinced or he's very convinced we're just a step up.

Good luck to him and hopefully he's not the last bit of good squad news in the next few weeks.

I guess it gives us nine games to suss him out and one more season isn't too much of a travesty on top of that if it doesn't work out.

There is probably an option taking him to year 2026 if we don't get relegated, of course.

11 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I guess it gives us nine games to suss him out and one more season isn't too much of a travesty on top of that if it doesn't work out.

There is probably an option taking him to year 2026 if we don't get relegated, of course.

Aye, I can understand it...I just don't like deals of that length in general. But fair point about our secret clauses, he's probably safely employed until his 40s.

I’ve had a soft spot for Tromso ever since watching them pump Chelsea in the UEFA Cup in mental snow in the late 90s. Class we’ve signed one of their former players. 

Also became a huge fan of Mr Zola that day who became my username for this when I couldn’t think of one. 

36 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

From his highlights reel, his average scoring distance appears to be about 3 yards.

Genuinely, all season I've thought we need someone standing between the posts, he can be the next Motherwell striker to hit double figures, and all of them within the six yard box? Fine by me.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Genuinely, all season I've thought we need someone standing between the posts, he can be the next Motherwell striker to hit double figures, and all of them within the six yard box? Fine by me.

Absolutely... wasn't meant as a criticism!

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve had a soft spot for Tromso ever since watching them pump Chelsea in the UEFA Cup in mental snow in the late 90s. Class we’ve signed one of their former players. 

Also became a huge fan of Mr Zola that day who became my username for this when I couldn’t think of one. 

Remember the game well.

59 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

From his highlights reel, his average scoring distance appears to be about 3 yards.

Well we’ve got Spittal for the 30 yard top binners so this could dovetail nicely 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Weirdly, this game is one of my earliest football memories. I would have been 6 or 7 and remember watching it and being absolutely fascinated with the blizzard, orange ball and Vialli’s big baldy head. 

Just now, dezz said:

Weirdly, this game is one of my earliest football memories. I would have been 6 or 7 and remember watching it and being absolutely fascinated with the blizzard, orange ball and Vialli’s big baldy head. 

Thursday nights, Channel 5. 

Just now, dezz said:

I was older than that but remember it well...'Thursday night, on channel five' used to be an insult sung!

22 minutes ago, dezz said:

My earliest football memory was Gazza’s second goal at Euro 96 unfortunately. I’d have only been 8 for that Chelsea game but loved a lot of that team. I used to fire shots at my Samba goals in the garden trying to replicate Di Matteo’s screamer in the cup final vs Middlesbrough. 

Edited by Gianfranco

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

On the Moses theme, what would be the Motherwell ten commandments?

Up until recently, Thou Shall Not Win.

Honour Thy Father - he knew Joe Wark.

Thou shall not improve people’s lives.