Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Nicholson mentioned during a press call a while back that he was “technically” still under contract with MLS so I’d imagine the weirdness around the way they handle registrations would need sorted out one way or another.

I guess it’s a question of what that actually means.

It’s around 6:08 here:

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nicholson mentioned during a press call a while back that he was “technically” still under contract with MLS so I’d imagine the weirdness around the way they handle registrations would need sorted out one way or another.

MLS contracts are weird because they're held by the league and not the clubs so I'd imagine this is something we'll deal with in the summer. If you're struggling to sleep at night have a read https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/02/08/mls-roster-rules-acquisitions-flowchart-how-to-sign-players#

3 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

Liam Kelly is one of four keepers selected for the Scotland squad. Can't help but feel he will out of it come the final selection for Germany.

Suspect Clarke just wants to bin him in person.

14 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

Liam Kelly is one of four keepers selected for the Scotland squad. Can't help but feel he will out of it come the final selection for Germany.

Absolutely.  I imagine Clarke is wanting to have a look at Gordon in this camp and if he comes through it well enough, he'll be in Germany with Kelly watching it with the rest of us. 

55 minutes ago, Cloontang said:

Probably, but who knows. Playing like he did at Ibrox with Clarke in attendance won't have done his chances or his confidence any harm, but he'll have to keep that up for the rest of the season to have any chance.

13 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Yasssss Theo! 

Can't really imagine the Toronto Globe and Mail going with the "He used to be shite and now he isn't!" angle that's being used here.

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

Can't really imagine the Toronto Globe and Mail going with the "He used to be shite and now he isn't!" angle that's being used here.

Maybe they'll be bold enough to ask about the clearly shambolic coaching of him at St Johnstone... unlike the Perth-focused SMSM. 

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Top billing for the Bair. They also seem to have called up Dean Cornelius's da

If they have a Shaffelburg and a De Fougerolles how come we got a Paton?

Edited by ropy