Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, MurrayWell said:

Off the top of my head too but I always thought Higdon was 16 in his first season. 

Point still stands though, Bair has been great for us this season. 

Yes I believe he was in all competitions, I was just counting league goals only but didnt make that clear  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Eliphas Pettigrew said:

Yes I believe he was in all competitions, I was just counting league goals only but didnt make that clear  

No, no me too. I just thought he had 16 league goals that season but must have just had his overall in mind. 

Edited by MurrayWell

2 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

What a hit by Nicholson! In off the bar too, nothing finer. 

Would we be wanting to keep him for next season? I think he’s shown something. 

I would definitely be giving him the last three games to make a good case for it. Generally speaking, Spittal and Vale behind Bair has been working well and I've not been shouting for his involvement, but he's only started three games and scored in two (he was hooked at half time in the other). Often when he's been brought on it's been deeper in midfield rather than his true position. I think there may be something in it. Particularly if today's subs show that Harry Paton there is a consideration.

Posted (edited)

I thought Nicholson was very decent overall today, always making space and looking for the ball, a few really good penetrating runs and obviously that complete thunderb*****d of a goal. I'd definitely give him a run for the last few games to see how he goes. Wee Georgie was great again and got a few great balls in towards Bair, would say it's unlikely, but I'd love to see him back again next season as he is becoming more confident and improving with each passing week.

Overall a pleasing performance to get us mathematically over the line, although Livi had the look of a team resigned to their fate despite a couple of bright spells. Couple of dead rubbers to go now then an interesting summer ahead.

Edited by 'WellDel

Spittal was fine today, not spectacular, Nicholson showed that he could be an asset next season, Halliday, although doing a job was below par in my view.

In general I thought there were a few times when we were playing through the middle that we chose a snap diagonal pass which didn’t come off when the guy with the ball had room to go forward himself - maybe even fire off a thunderbast*rd.

16 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I thought Nicholson was very decent overall today, always making space and looking for the ball, a few really good penetrating runs and obviously that complete thunderb*****d of a goal. I'd definitely give him a run for the last few games to see how he goes. Wee Georgie was great again and got a few great balls in towards Bair, would say it's unlikely, but I'd love to see him back again next season as he is becoming more confident and improving with each passing week.

I've always been pro keeping Nicholson but must admit my conviction was beginning to waver. He looked excellent today though.

I'd love to keep Gent but I don't see it happening. I know a couple of Blackburn fans and they say he's not even been on the radar of the first team but given the rarity and value of his main attribute, they'll surely want a good look at him over summer. And even if he goes out on loan again, we can't be waiting to sort our lwb till late in August when they finally make their mind up.

Decent chance Bair hits 20 now, seeing as he's getting a hat trick on the final day.

It took me a bit of mental gymnastics to realise that the Arithmetic is in our favour and it is all over.  It’s a shame St Mirren won, our 35 year points domination over them may be coming to an end.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Decent chance Bair hits 20 now, seeing as he's getting a hat trick on the final day.

I like your tactical approach of being confirmed in the playoff after 37 games so he's not the one who sends you there!

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

It took me a bit of mental gymnastics to realise that the Arithmetic is in our favour and it is all over.  It’s a shame St Mirren won, our 35 year points domination over them may be coming to an end.

Ah Shit!!!! You've done it now

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was thinking this. 5 goals in 3 games is nuhin for Theo

Now that we're mathematically safe, we can go all in on our annual tradition of padding the stats of our top scorer so we can sell them to some mugs.

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Why the f**k do we give goal of the season before the end of the season. Idiots.

Goals that go in off the bar >>>>

If Theo had connected on the overhead kick they would have needed to redo the award

21 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Why the f**k do we give goal of the season before the end of the season. Idiots.

Goals that go in off the bar >>>>

Seedorf at Tynecastle-esque

I see the player of the season awards are appearing tonight, I have never gone to any club events, calendar signings, open days, nights with Tam Cowan, are they worth it?