Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

55 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Callum Hendry is very Motherwell I think, for some reason 

He seems like a complete arsehole of a player and I'd fucking love him.

57 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Moses very much feels like the kind of player you want to come on and score in the last 15-20 mins as an impact sub. Not sure he would be able to start/play a full game in our system (right now, anyway).

From what I've seen from Moses (still limited) - he seems like a penalty box striker (maybe even a 6 yard box poachy type), which isn't really what our recent successes have been (KVV, Watt and Bair all did a lot of their best work outside the box). 

As I watched the 500th cross from Gent fizzing across the face of goal with no takers last season, I felt that the type of player that Moses seems to be was what we were after if the system could be tweaked to allow it - he could be ideal in a front 2.

18 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

A good addition to the Motherwell Players Relatives XI that I compile in my head too.

What, like an all time relatives 11?

So you could add Colin Hendry at centre half to a front pairing of Mark Hateley and Andy Cole. Struggling in the middle, maybe Gavin Strachan, and Liam Polworths Mrs as the nippy, annoying wee cvnt. Who else?

Posted (edited)

I don’t know how easy or how the process works but the executive board and “outgoing” chairman should be removed asap. 

Edited by scmwell

Just now, scmwell said:

I don’t know who easy or the the process works but the executive board and “outgoing” chairman should be removed asap. 

What an incredible mess this whole situation is. Bin this proposal, bin the current board and bin the chairman pronto.

7 minutes ago, scmwell said:

I don’t know how easy or the process works but the executive board and “outgoing” chairman should be removed asap. 

The Office Finger Guns GIF

On the back of the Hendry chat, some club official (no idea who, what his role was) but he had a lanyard on and was smartly dressed was talking to someone he obviously knew, and he mentioned there was another striker on the way.

4 minutes ago, scmwell said:

I don’t know how easy or the process works but the executive board and “outgoing” chairman should be removed asap. 

It's got to the point where the competence of the Wild Sheep proposal to even be offered as a serious investment plan is hugely in question. I'm not sure of the legal position but putting something forward that you know to be incorrect has a handy term that describes it...

If this was the other way round and the WS offered a reactive proposal, consisting of incorrect financial information lifted from a twitter account, wrapped it in a bow with some low effort ChatGPT and submitted after the deadline - what would the reaction be from the outgoing chairman and others?

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

What, like an all time relatives 11?

So you could add Colin Hendry at centre half to a front pairing of Mark Hateley and Andy Cole. Struggling in the middle, maybe Gavin Strachan, and Liam Polworths Mrs as the nippy, annoying wee cvnt. Who else?

Clarence Seedorf if we stretch it far enough 

So pleased to see the Well Society highlight the glaring inaccuracies in the Wild Sheep Sports offer. 

This once again highlights the level of alarming incompetence from the current executive board. It's absolutely shambolic that they've allowed this to get to this stage and downright negligent that they're actively encouraging folk to vote for this. This cannot be dismissed with a shrug, McMahon and Co. haven't a clue, they should be ashamed of themselves and removed directly. 

Folk shouldn't be worried if the new board will have the business acumen required, whoever forms it will be lightyears ahead of these self-proclaimed 'successful business men'. 

Posted (edited)

I can't get over how tinpot this all is. If something like this happened at another Scottish team I don't think I'd ever stop laughing at them. It's all totally crazy, if this goes through I think my head will detach from my shoulders and into orbit.

Edited by camer0n_mcd

Just now, MurrayWell said:

So pleased to see the Well Society highlight the glaring inaccuracies in the Wild Sheep Sports offer. 

Yet still seeing some moon-howlers still commenting, and dropping laughing emojis, on Facebook that they are voting for it.

This vote is going to be extremely damaging to the club and our massively polarised support for years to come, no matter which way the result of it lands.