Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It covered everything I wanted to hear about and given the circumstances it was weirdly positive, especially re: medium-long term goals.

This was the key thing for me. It's been clear that some clubs in the league have been hugely set back by the pandemic but I wasn't getting that vibe at all last night.

If the benefit of being well run the last few years and being in the black when the pandemic hit means that we come out in slightly better shape than some of our rivals, then that's fair enough.

Not taking money from the 'Well society in a year where no supporters have been in is a genuinely positive sign.

I hope this "performance" shows Alexander the huge deficiencies that still remain in this absolute gang we call a squad.
Said similar on Twitter.

I still think we'll have enough about us to stay up but I hope today shows Alexander that he simply can't trust the likes of Lamie, Mugabi, SOD etc. long term.

Like any of us really believed a central defence of Lamie and Mugabi would actually work. They can header all day long but the minute a striker or forwards play on the deck they are awful. 

3 in midfield and giving the width away seems a great idea when it works but seems like a clusterfuck when it does not. 

We got away with it v Killie because they were average and missed a few sitters. 

We May have enough to stay up but this result has fucked any chance of us getting top 6 and at the same time dumped us back in the mix for the drop. Great stuff Motherwell. Be interesting to see what Alexander says after the game. 

Edited by welldaft

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Like any of us really believed a central defence of Lamie and Mugabi would actually work. They can header all day long but the minute a striker or forwards play on the deck they are awful. 

3 in midfield and giving the width away seems a great idea when it works but seems like a clusterfuck when it does not. 

We got away with it v Killie because they were average and missed a few sitters. 

We May have enough to stay up but this result has fucked any chance of us getting top 6 and at the same time dumped us back in the mix for the drop. Great stuff Motherwell. Be interesting to see what Alexander says after the game. 

Get the thread title changed shitebag.

As I said on the match thread, the sooner we get the vast majority of this squad out the door the better. A bigger shower of gutless, money grabbing charlatans you’ll struggle to find. Campbell apart, no one seems to give a shit.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

As I said on the match thread, the sooner we get the vast majority of this squad out the door the better. A bigger shower of gutless, money grabbing charlatans you’ll struggle to find. Campbell apart, no one seems to give a shit.

Thought Watt never stopped running and was my man of the match for us

Can't disagree. We just need to limp through to the end of this season and let Alexander do his own rebuild in the summer.

Hopefully thay doesn't involve Chapman, Lamie, Mugabi, Hastie, Seedorf, Long, Polworth and O'Donnell at least.