Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Thoughts and prayers with you guys today. I know how much that seventh place and finishing above us meant to you, you’ve been banging on about it for weeks. Despite a bigger playing budget and a valiant post split effort you’ve came up just short.
Take the summer and regroup and look to catch us next season.
While I’m here, question for the Well fans in their 20’s and early 30’s. You’ve never seen your club win a trophy. Do you think you ever will?

7 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

At least that’s this season over and we can say cheerio to some amount of charlatans.

Which team are you talking about here?  This season has been so, so bad, for so many reasons.  One of them is the number of piss poor wage thieves who didn’t get coronavirus.

St. Mirren finished in the bottom half of the league and lost in two semi-finals, and they're gloating? :lol:

What a mental season this has been. Roll on August. 

26 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

No shame in finishing behind this St Mirren squad, an excellent football team.

In total agreement. 

I am proud we managed to get the same points total as their best team in 30 years. Proud. 

As to the game today. Hopefully Alexander will see that even some of the under contract players have not got what it takes to not put us in trouble come next season. 

Out of that team I would only keep Kelly (on loan), SOD’s, Cole (our of contract) Watt and McGinley. Would not be bothered with the rest. Hope we see a lengthy release list early this week 🤞

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Farewell sweet prince.

7442476.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

As if the season could not get worse. We don’t get the opportunity to say goodbye to wee Al. 

Bookmark it - but I have a hunch we will see him back in claret and amber later in his career. 

Wish him all the very best assuming he is headed south.. 

Weird watching a game with nothing on the line for us. I slept in and missed our goal, then for the rest of the game I was mainly worried about that scaffolding falling down, and wondering if those pictures at the ends of the east stand will end up peeling off.  Disappointing that we couldn't make the relegation saga more interesting, but it was nice to not be part of it.

What a weird season that was. Time to pretend I don't care about football for a few weeks then get silly optimistic after our first signing. Shame that Chapman didn't get to say goodbye, as when all is said and done, this was his season.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Get the released list published now. Get the majority of these charlatans tae f**k.

Only the majority? Which charlatans were you thinking of keeping?

57 minutes ago, Lex said:

While I’m here, question for the Well fans in their 20’s and early 30’s. You’ve never seen your club win a trophy. Do you think you ever will?

I'd hope so aye. We got to one final in the '00s and three in the '10s, so I'd expect that if we keep up that average of two a decade we'll catch a lucky break at some point. Either by eventually getting the Old Firm on an off day or by drawing another diddy.

Obviously, yourselves, Killie and others have proven that the Old Firm are still beatable at Hampden under the right circumstance but there is an element of misfortune in us drawing Rodgers Celtic X2, another decent Celtic team in 2011 and what I assume was a good Rangers outfit as well in 2005.

Hopefully the mass movement can start now. I think we’ve all been in agreement that Kelly and Cole are the only two out of contract players we’d lose any sleep over.

I wonder how much scope we’ll have for moving on in contract players. Lawless has been ineffectual, Grimshaw has been a great servant to us but he looks like he could be a bit surplus with O’Donnell here and Johnston coming through. I’d also probably be happy with one of O’Hara, Maguire and Crawford in the squad, but not all three.

Alexander done a tremendous job getting this lot so many points, but it’ll be a big summer ahead for him with the rebuild. January’s signings weren’t too inspiring and I’m still wondering if the new contracts he gave to Mugabi and Crawford were maybe jumping the gun a bit. I’m even wondering the same about Carroll now he’s dropped out of the team.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Would you not say our top division title is worth more than those Mickey mouse cups in your trophy cabinet?
Come on now.

Motherwell sacrificed 7th spot for the greater good of Scottish football, one less plastic pitch (hopefully) thanks to us.

Edited by ZX1886

11 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Would you not say our top division title is worth more than those Mickey mouse cups in your trophy cabinet?
Come on now.

Motherwell sacrificed 7th spot for the greater good of Scottish football, one less plastic pitch (hopefully) thanks to us.

You could say it was technically thanks to us - our 3-3 draw with Killie last Wednesday has denied them 10th place. 

Didn't see the game today - but I'm off through to Motherwell to throw my empty season card onto the pitch after where we finished. Worse than relegation #BurrowsOut #AlexanderOut #Feellikepureshit

Edited by Swello