Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

The rain has been causing a lot of issues today. Apparently the tunnel was nearly flooded.

Burrows has tweeted the entire incident here:

to be expected when you have a drop of 7ft over a slope of 80 odd yards

The reasonable gap we had over the teams below us has pretty much been obliterated and our slide down the table is certainly looking fairly assured unless we can address the deficiencies in our performances.

That’s what happens when you take 1 point from 12 (soon to be 15 and probably 18) and the teams below you pick up even a meagre amount in the same time frame.

Fully expect to be 10th by the international break. 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

The reasonable gap we had over the teams below us has pretty much been obliterated and our slide down the table is certainly looking fairly assured unless we can address the deficiencies in our performances.
That’s what happens when you take 1 point from 12 (soon to be 15 and probably 18) and the teams below you pick up even a meagre amount in the same time frame.
Fully expect to be 10th by the international break. 

I wouldn’t go quite as far as saying we’ll be 10th but our upcoming fixtures don’t make for good reading.

Got to be at least 7pts from our next 5 games to keep any sort of ‘positivity’ going.

I don't think I can watch this Motherwell much longer.

As fickle as it is, when you are winning and playing like that, it's funny. It's a laugh.
Throwing away 2 goal leads and getting pumped while looking like we are playing a training exercise of defence v attack is fucking brutal.

That was fucking horrible. I actually thought we'd done pretty well in the first half, rode our luck obviously but we'd coped alright under sustained pressure until we gave away two cheap goals. The second half was utterly abysmal though, the worst I can remember us playing against the Old Firm for years, nobody exactly covered themselves in glory but that midfield really will not do.

That was fucking embarrassing. I can accept a pumping from a better team, and no doubt rangers were miles ahead of us, but the effort levels from some of the players on that park were completely unacceptable. If McGinley or Goss are on the park at kick off next week then I won’t know what to think. Some serious questions for GA to find answers to over the net few weeks.

After we scored, I knew we would end up conceding and potentially losing.... but Not like this. After the 3rd the whole squad seemed to just give up and that was clear with O'Donnell getting himself sent off. This is the reason that we haven't beaten Rangers in the league for nearly 20 years now. The fact that we have Conceded 2+ goals in out last 5 matches with a total 14 against and only 4 goals for.....

Anyway, the Positives of today's game:

• Mugabi is a great player and should be starting every match for us.
  • O'Donnell will be suspended for the next match and cannot be in the squad.

Was there anything that I missed?

Edited by Phillips455

32 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Just as well we opened the wallet in the summer and chucked 3 years deals about like confetti otherwise we’d be shipping 6 goals at home. 

I’m a baw hair away from jumping on the “Alexander out” bus.

In for a penny, in for a pound. 

#GrezzaOut.

I don't think I have ever seen us beat Rangers outside of cups and that play off final. I just don't see how we manage to sh*te the bed each time..... Every other team is getting the odd victories over the old firm and the last league win was nearly 6 years ago......

I'm really sick of the current taticts and they really need to change. As with any manager I would give them the rest of the season unless we are ina  direr straight and a relegation battle (which we aren't too far off now).

The most worrying aspect of today for me is just how quickly we collapsed. 

First half wasn’t pretty but at least we looked disciplined, compact and had a game plan. With the Roberts cut back to Watt we even had a real chance for a 2nd.

However once the 1st went we just crumbled. Couldn’t even see it out to half time level. Then after the 3rd goal we just absolutely chucked it. Same thing happened on Wednesday night.

I can take us being a bit defensive if we have a bit of fight and backbone about us. Watching us be negative and also soft as shite is incredibly painful. 

Edited by Casagolda

Looks like we're every bit the same shower of spineless, useless arseholes that we were last season. That was absolutely horrendous.

SOD, McGinley and Goss can get fucked. Amazing how SOD can be an empty jersey and still manage to get sent off.

I was too hungover for the early kick off so watched on the tv today. I switched off at the third goal because there was no chance we were getting back into it.

I think Alexander is under serious pressure. The football we play is really really bad. He’s going to have to change the formation, the style or something soon or we’re going to be in the relegation battle and I’ll be all aboard the Alexander out bus.

Reckon you need to lose by the same score line in your next game as penance for that collapse today, lads. 

Well I’m heading up next Saturday and the last time I attended a game at Pittodre, we conceded 7 goals and McGhee was fighting in the stands.

Not looking forward to it.