Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Good piece on our Tony by Joel Sked

Tony Watt is class. Let’s just cut to the chase. The Motherwell forward is just a brilliant and fun talent.

Watching him charge about in the rain at Fir Park on Tuesday night as his sensational strike sunk Dundee United was thrilling. It was such an enjoyable performance.

It became less about Motherwell v United and more Tony Watt embarking on and mastering an assault course. Egging him on, cheering with every hurdle conquered.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Agreed,

A total non sequitur, but I had to turn off my ad blocker before the Scotsman would let me see the whole article, and what a fucking state that website is. I don't know how print editions can be failing if all they're up against is this sort of awful online mess where you have to wade through three paragraphs of adverts in between every line of the actual article, while popup videos appear at random over the bit you actually want to see. (I'm sure it's better if you actually subscribe, but after that sort of experience who would ever volunteer to pay good money to find out.)

<\Yer Da mode>

Just checked it there; Craigan wasn't off when he poked it towards the goalline, Forbes was even less off when he thumped it in to make sure.

Any excuse to post the greatest thing to ever come out of steelmen online (now there’s a debate….)15ac61ae2a90cd56130bc8ca1fc1aa52.jpg

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Agreed,

A total non sequitur, but I had to turn off my ad blocker before the Scotsman would let me see the whole article, and what a fucking state that website is. I don't know how print editions can be failing if all they're up against is this sort of awful online mess where you have to wade through three paragraphs of adverts in between every line of the actual article, while popup videos appear at random over the bit you actually want to see. (I'm sure it's better if you actually subscribe, but after that sort of experience who would ever volunteer to pay good money to find out.)

<\Yer Da mode>

Aye - the Scotsman website is an utter shambles to the point it is unusable without blocking the *105* trackers that are in that one page. I guess that what happens when you're owned by a shite asset-stripping media company...

Clearly the weather and seeing out a 1-0 win was more of the focus of things (as it should be) but I noticed that SOD didn't take the armband when he came on the other night (it's actually a pet hate of mine when the player getting subbed on takes it off the guy already on the park but that's by the by).

Begs the question though, would we be as well just leaving it with Kelly and pretend the whole SOD as captain thing never happened?

Much like Tait filling in for Hartley, Kelly seems to carry it better IMO (and I say that as someone who has never been sold on 'keepers as captains).

Also, there's the wee man.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

(I'm sure it's better if you actually subscribe, but after that sort of experience who would ever volunteer to pay good money to find out.)

If your browser has an Article Reader mode (like Safari and Firefox do), that usually strips out all the crap and just gives you the text and photos from the article, too.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

14 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Clearly the weather and seeing out a 1-0 win was more of the focus of things (as it should be) but I noticed that SOD didn't take the armband when he came on the other night (it's actually a pet hate of mine when the player getting subbed on takes it off the guy already on the park but that's by the by).

Begs the question though, would we be as well just leaving it with Kelly and pretend the whole SOD as captain thing never happened?

Much like Tait filling in for Hartley, Kelly seems to carry it better IMO (and I say that as someone who has never been sold on 'keepers as captains).

Also, there's the wee man.

That's an excellent wee video - I don't know what was better; him calling Graham Alexander a <Irish accent> "Proud Man", the fact he looked *tiny* compared to everyone he met or the look on Robbie Crawford's face in the physio room when he realised he'd slipped further down the pecking order.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

That's an excellent wee video - I don't know what was better; him calling Graham Alexander a <Irish accent> "Proud Man", the fact he looked *tiny* compared to everyone he met or the look on Robbie Crawford's face in the physio room when he realised he'd slipped further down the pecking order.

Aye, I really enjoyed watching it. Generally the Inside Motherwell stuff has been consistently good though oftentimes the player interviews can feel a wee bit forced but I thought this one flowed really well. As @thisGRAEME says, him getting shown about the place with his Bohs rucksack on his back is class.

With him getting introduced to everyone it was interesting to see who was all cutting about, Donnelly seemed to know the boy he was travelling with and Sol just seems like a bloody lovely chap.

Also, there were quite a few new backroom faces floating around (Daws & Rhodes have obvs popped up in previous videos) so I had a quick check on the staff page and fucking hell...we've created a lot of new roles. I see Callum Davidson's another former Salford staffer (got the job on Nov 16th).

1244026624_ScreenShot2021-12-02at22_33_00.thumb.png.a12cd89cc1ace49c0872356ab70a5720.png

Edited by capt_oats

Thought Bobby’s Maddens penalty retake against St Mirren was bad.

But last night’s decision to stop the play when a Celtic player pulls his hamstring and Hertz are on the counter attack takes the biscuit, then to confound matters he gives Celtic the ball !!!! 

Unbelievable does this guy just make the rules up to suit himself

Tierney snippet was excellent, as others have alluded he looks tiny, especially next to big Sol. Seems a right good guy, Looking forward to seeing him play.

Also enjoyed him referring to Alexander as a proud man.

my one gripe with the inside Motherwell stuff, and it's very minor is each clip being released before the youtube 20 minutes 'episode', quite liked watching it all in a oner last season. Other than that the content is excellent.

I really enjoyed that video. Hopefully he settles in and offers us something this season but it seems to be one we're looking at for the future. 

Good to see us utilise the Irish league. The more I think about it it's good we never signed Feghouli. Not sure we should be doing business with small clubs like Galatasaray. 

I really enjoyed that video. Hopefully he settles in and offers us something this season but it seems to be one we're looking at for the future. 
Good to see us utilise the Irish league. The more I think about it it's good we never signed Feghouli. Not sure we should be doing business with small clubs like Galatasaray. 

I’m really quite enjoying that particular twitter beef at the minute. The Turkish boys can’t help but bite at every wind up..they wouldn’t last a day on P&B.

6 hours ago, Swello said:

I laughed at him calling Alexander a "nice lad". Not sure why, just struck me as a funny way to talk about your new boss.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I laughed at him calling Alexander a "nice lad". Not sure why, just struck me as a funny way to talk about your new boss.

Aye and that he calls him Graham . Maybe I'm showing my age but surely a 20 year old making his first big move should be calling him The Boss/ The Gaffer / Mr Alexander . Tbf I think that just adds weight to his given monicker of Shagger.