Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

To be fair -if I was a limited footballer, I'd totally be off on a tour of warm countries and have various lower division clubs paying my digs and giving me pocket money...

Said it afore, Cyprus would be my shout, Pafos have a team.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Said it afore, Cyprus would be my shout, Pafos have a team.

I'd work my way round the Adriatic* scoring 1 goal in 10 and having a fucking great time.

*Would probably retire before I reached Albania as Leaann Dempster said it was too dangerous.

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Don't know why but I'm amused at the phrasing here. "Arrives at Motherwell..." like he's jetting in and we're not 20 mins drive away.

Some sort of cavalcade heading up Airbles road, a wee bit disappointed the notice board at the Electric is blank.

Just finished work and only read transfer gossip briefly, but I see Celtic are trying to offload several bodies to trim the squad with big Ange having gone all in on the Japanese Market.

Henderson to Hibs is an initial 6 month loan, becoming a permanent 3yr deal in the summer. Is there any chance Shaw might be the same with us, or is he going to be here purely for game time?

Just now, 'WellDel said:

Henderson to Hibs is an initial 6 month loan, becoming a permanent 3yr deal in the summer. Is there any chance Shaw might be the same with us, or is he going to be here purely for game time?

I'd say pretty unlikely it's anything more than getting some games. Shaw signed a 4 year deal in the summer. Henderson was out of contract in the summer.

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Just finished work and only read transfer gossip briefly, but I see Celtic are trying to offload several bodies to trim the squad with big Ange having gone all in on the Japanese Market.

I thought this was as well, I know he's "highly rated" but he's a Lennon signing that Postecoglou has barely played.

Could still mean they're loaning him to us for 6 months so that a League One team will give them 500k for him in summer, mind.

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd say pretty unlikely it's anything more than getting some games. Shaw signed a 4 year deal in the summer. Henderson was out of contract in the summer.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I thought this was as well, I know he's "highly rated" but he's a Lennon signing that Postecoglou has barely played.

Could still mean they're loaning him to us for 6 months so that a League One team will give them 500k for him in summer, mind.

Aye, the fact he's on a 4yr deal makes me doubt it, but as @YassinMoutaouakil says he was a Lennon signing and is obviously falling further down the pecking order under Postecoglu with his latest additions. 

Considering he's had first team experience down South and was seen as a bit of a coup when they signed him, even if they do want rid, I'd imagine his wage demands etc could be well out of our reach and there would be plenty suitors for him back South.

Take it Jordan Roberts is away then?

See he’s been removed from the club site. Can’t say I’m overly disappointed if true, he done us a turn in his loan spell last season so can understand Alexander wanting another look but it was a small sample size and the bar was pretty low. 

Not being Seedorf or Hastie will only get you so far and he’s never really looked like forcing his way into the team this season. 

9 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Take it Jordan Roberts is away then?

See he’s been removed from the club site. Can’t say I’m overly disappointed if true, he done us a turn in his loan spell last season so can understand Alexander wanting another look but it was a small sample size and the bar was pretty low. 

Not being Seedorf or Hastie will only get you so far and he’s never really looked like forcing his way into the team this season. 

His loan was only until the January window anyway so I'd imagine it's probably academic in that respect.

"Jordan Roberts has returned to Motherwell on loan.

The forward, who had a successful temporary spell last campaign, is back at Fir Park until the January transfer window."

Link

Given he can only play for us or Hearts this season (unless he's got an exotic option on another calendar) you'd think there will be some clarity whether it's expected he'll be back if/when they run a news story.

I'd thought if we'd kept him around he might have got more of an opportunity if Watt ends up fucking off.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Shaw played well in the Betis game decent player,he will pick up a few bookings bit naive in the tackle.

Good stuff. Should help with our efforts to finish top of the Crime count table. I believe we may have slipped to 2nd 🤷‍♂️. Simply not good enough….

8 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Surely inevitable when its running rampant in the country and players were released for a week to do what they wished and travel all over the country.

Will be interesting to see how our anti vaxxers get on with it... 

If nothing else, it's a really well timed outbreak and hopefully we'll be over it by the 18th. I guess we don't know how many of our players have had Covid during the season but my impression is that throughout the pandemic, we've not been too badly affected compared to some clubs..