Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Big John Handsome said:

Thought this was a wind up when I seen it. Deranged patter.

"If you don't respect the man, you will damn well respect his position".

Tremendous tear stained and stoic defence of our glorious leader, on the most demented 'Well fans FB page full of dafties and moonhowlers , from a guy who looks about 60 in his profile pic. Love that shit.

12 hours ago, Eder said:

Dublin?  is that not like booking a flight into Glasgow for a match in Dingwall?

Went on holiday to Sligo and they played Derry - about an hour and a half away.

A good chance to progress.

My helicopter is getting it’s annual service otherwise I’d set it down right in the carpark beside the ground.

Great story though, got any more?

Interesting line up for friendly v Partick today.  No Ojala, McGinn or Van Veen due to knocks supposedly...

Ojala is literally NO surprise.  McGinn disappointing but not as much as Van Veen.  Better not be due to pending transfer or bad enough that he misses either or both Conference League games...

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Interesting line up for friendly v Partick today.  No Ojala, McGinn or Van Veen due to knocks supposedly...

Ojala is literally NO surprise.  McGinn disappointing but not as much as Van Veen.  Better not be due to pending transfer or bad enough that he misses either or both Conference League games...

Wrapped in cotton wool for Thursday

Just seen the SPFL twitter account confirm the SPFL trust (the one the B Teams are in) fixtures for Round 1.

Seems our tie has been switch to East Kilbride's ground, K Park.

Makes sense as there is the possibility we would be playing the 2nd leg of the europa Conference league 2 days later (big if). Also gives me a reason to visit East Kilbride apart from the shopping centre.

Edited by Phillips455

Yeah. I'm at the game  defensivley we appear to be better. That is based on 45+ minutes of a friendly however.

Attacking wise, we just don't have the cutting edge. many balls are being put to no one or whoever has the ball starts a charge and refuses to give the ball to anyone.

Better than most of the 2022 games I've been to however.

Edited by Phillips455

We are going to end up with another Premier League club in league cup again. In keeping with every year we have been seeded if I am not mistaken. Meanwhile one if the Old Firm will get Falkirk or Annan at home [emoji848]

10 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve been keeping half an eye on our friendly via a stream. Joe still has no touch or movement and Shields scuffed an open goal wide.

We look solid enough but we are humped if KVV gets injured.

I actually think Efford's movement has been fine, as is/was all the front three. No touch though, I agree, and we're definitely buggered without KVV. Thistle let us bumble the ball up the park, none of the front three are any kind of reliable outlet/target and any remotely decent side will simply hem us in.

Defensively we're better but again, no real test and the full backs are playing like last season - tucking in and surviving largely unaided. That'll be problematic in a month or two.

We are the better side without being brilliant and if this was the first of three or four pre-season friendlies you'd be content enough. Five days out from a crucial competitive game, slightly less so.

Looking forward to Joe being prolific this season, where he's top scorer in the league by Christmas, but every goal is a gift or a deflection, so we spend our time tying ourselves in knots cheering goals and berating him for being shite.

I actually think Efford's movement has been fine, as is/was all the front three. No touch though, I agree, and we're definitely buggered without KVV. Thistle let us bumble the ball up the park, none of the front three are any kind of reliable outlet/target and any remotely decent side will simply hem us in.
Defensively we're better but again, no real test and the full backs are playing like last season - tucking in and surviving largely unaided. That'll be problematic in a month or two.
We are the better side without being brilliant and if this was the first of three or four pre-season friendlies you'd be content enough. Five days out from a crucial competitive game, slightly less so.
As you say, we weren't tested defensively. Complete control of midfield other than the brief failed experiment of five at the back.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

How did the trialist 'keeper get on? Also the bold Max?

Pleased to see Brian fucking Graham didn't get his usual goals anaw.

Keeper had nothing to do other than one smart take from a cut back. He 'looks' like a goalie though, tall and well built without being gangly and out of control a la Chapman. But judging him on today totally pointless.

Johnston looked fine, certainly not out of place by any means, though Carroll was more notable in getting forward.