Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Interesting draw - a few countries that I've not been to, so that makes it exciting enough for me.

I went to a Sparta game when I was last in Prague - on the day they were shite and got beat by a Motherwell equivalent in the league.

16SanZn-H_UvjKupKKGIRowfiBIPqPwDglKEsmGhIzFVl7jganeGxhRGp28QVoopCaK1s1a0lICibTsAyCTez4-x28WYrfqwfAslJb-np4aRLLtk-xjfjXCiSP_zILzTOGgn__pt-ymITJ8X-TtA8MwjDJvW_DEPoEQe3sYjzmKpHPkAWs8h6jPiM9WlTHxjT6YOSCWIn-qljZqtxrecPpfdFjo4_MGiDH1lS5bdqpBDfRPUTWlaxelOevNOUHxLEWBblNCdT3hegn3H6wPeMkT5rFR9Mps7Jn0mYJlCpzk4r1v1nFxSVdPTmr_r4ynSwsiU-F9vgo7PP9LugQIiupac9_UNjvWhTFvpZZ7ix0Kpt-hOfbbBD5_S39v9ghOIka2_2tDwhtSGIy4eENs8Mzo2sJruTViTwYQkD8ePV_bb0b9jlX54AqjhliJZeGFAEs-cWRaODMsOP_LxlOQa5-tz8A0RVMq_mW26YtsYCkFsCNrDuMXwUaAQYqvDQNGicVtfiyXvsZMmNzQ9KlKmeTHpULjVasTx74rosebAmDq_RpUhqgDGe5ix01OZGWvrcl2JW9qY27sxKRB9jsUPtxGcdXryu1fvCYFg4va5GzKLqTjocaTEB4UCunn9U4DmexPxE8D0oEN4gyvs3mbXSy1hk2KrAFRQ6QElyeWvBNdC-xTXtf7PywZCSlPW9Lb6uTsEnYIGrNa_-Nw9UjdpjeGxDKYIDERQnsv9WBam9mh7nk7AZy0neqZTisV7=w1576-h1182-no?authuser=0

At the end of the game, the team were sent to the end where all the ultras were to take some abuse - they basically stood there while everyone shouted at them for 5 minutes (it was like a real life version of 'Flow's twitter mentions).

Also - the home end was interesting

KzBYpRCmMMfFYXv1m3ZmaoZZGfuI-9a9yoy4IFtx

30 minutes ago, stephmc1886 said:

Hope we won't be watching these shite edits all year, gave up with highlights already!

Aye, some genius has recently decided on the idea that the ball rippling the net from behind the goal is the money shot, when the original camera view from behind the play gives, you know, a clear view of how it actually fucking got there.

Stop poncing about and just show us the goals/action from the clearest and most objective fucking angle.

13 hours ago, rowsdower said:

After seeing Utds group, ours doesn't look too bad assuming we get there.

Anyone booked their flights to Kazakhstan and Macedonia yet?

I would take Utds potential opponents over ours. All very accessible ties, which is probably my preference as it’s unlikely that we will progress.

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Suffice to say "Hampshire Live" is a pretty speculative source.

I'd file this alongside Matt Butcher in the "players we might have taken a look at, at some point" pile.

Aye, if Hibs and Portsmouth are 'in the hunt' I'd imagine we would come up well short in the £££'s stakes. All for adding a St Lucian to our growing list of far flung internationalist's through the years though.

Edited by 'WellDel

19 hours ago, CoF said:

Just looked him up, Tony Weston. Didn't realise he was on loan from rangers so I'm taking the compliment back. He was absolutely shite today. 

WAPT

Was that more or less Motherwell's first team today less van der Veen?

Only recognised big Mugabi and Carro. Didn't even notice SOD which pains me.

22 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I would take Utds potential opponents over ours. All very accessible ties, which is probably my preference as it’s unlikely that we will progress.

This is what I was hoping for. Clearly if we draw the Macedonian team and get thru then great. But as we have yet to beat a seeded team in our history with arguably stronger teams I am not that confident this will be our year.

United could end up in Switzerland, Belgium or the Netherlands. While we (probably) have Kazakhstan, Macedonia or Turkey.  You could almost write the script. I would love to go to Istanbul but not sure I actually would. Kazakhstan is a definite NO. Macedonia  50/50. Prague would be a YES. We had exactly the same with Krasnodar in Russia when there were literally 25 better or more accessible destinations. 

Is what it is and nowt we can do 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, welldaft said:

This is what I was hoping for. Clearly if we draw the Macedonian team and get thru then great. But as we have yet to beat a seeded team in our history with arguably stronger teams I am not that confident this will be our year.

United could end up in Switzerland, Belgium or the Netherlands. While we (probably) have Kazakhstan, Macedonia or Turkey.  You could almost write the script. I would love to go to Istanbul but not sure I actually would. Kazakhstan is a definite NO. Macedonia  50/50. Prague would be a YES. We had exactly the same with Krasnodar in Russia when there were literally 25 better or more accessible destinations. 

Is what it is and nowt we can do 🤷‍♂️

If we can beat Sligo, I'd be tempted for all of those trips save Astana - getting to less visited places is more interesting to me than going to Belgium or Holland. If we got an accessible trip, it would be good fun as Nancy showed but it's not a big deal for me.

Even though North Macedonia in August would be hotter than hell, I'd really fancy that one, ditto Istanbul. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

If we can beat Sligo, I'd be tempted for all of those trips save Astana - getting to less visited places is more interesting to me than going to Belgium or Holland. If we got an accessible trip, it would be good fun as Nancy showed but it's not a big deal for me.

Even though North Macedonia in August would be hotter than hell, I'd really fancy that one, ditto Istanbul. 

Yeah, I reckon I could make any of them other than Astana. But some definitely fiddly.

RIga is the first choice - easy to get to, great place, chance of winning. - edit to add just seen it's a haul from there, scrap that!

Second would be Israel, far away but not hard travelling, we'd be outsiders but a shock not completely impossible and we'd be seeded in the play-offs if we somehow did it.

Edited by Handsome_Devil