Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 hours ago, Elroy Kromheer said:

Whilst some applaud Burrow's communication, how many other CEOs are using their personal Twitter account to field questions on club recruitment?  Glad to see he he wasn't doing his arm waving antics on the touchline at the weekend.  

How dare he communicate directly with fans and show passion during games. 

11 hours ago, Elroy Kromheer said:

Whilst some applaud Burrow's communication, how many other CEOs are using their personal Twitter account to field questions on club recruitment?  Glad to see he he wasn't doing his arm waving antics on the touchline at the weekend.  

As for GMS, it might be a struggle given we have both the Clyde and Avon close by...

If you want to see what a club looks like that are at least a decade behind us on communicating with supporters, drop in to the Saintees thread right now - it might remind you of Boyle's OF Cooper Stand Referendum. I'll take Burrow's approach quite happily, regardless of how many VL's and roasters he replies to on twitter.

14 minutes ago, CoF said:

How dare he communicate directly with fans and show passion during games. 

Absolutely. A wall of silence and stoic reservation on the touchline would be the true mark of a club figurehead. 

Alternatively, you could just view the guy for the passionate and engaging character he is. He no doubt has his flaws like the rest of us, but wearing his heart on his sleeve and engaging with the fans seem bizarre points to call him out on, though.

13 hours ago, Elroy Kromheer said:

As for GMS, it might be a struggle given we have both the Clyde and Avon close by...

Shut up mate. 

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Shut up mate. 

Plenty interesting discussions going on considering the current state of affairs, so as first posts go it's a curious one. I'm going for recently bumped kiosk member or turnstile operator with a grudge.

7 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Plenty interesting discussions going on considering the current state of affairs, so as first posts go it's a curious one. I'm going for recently bumped kiosk member or turnstile operator with a grudge.

Maybe he was due to sell Pakora, and was never given the chance.   

If that's case, we're all right behind you Elroy

Edit:  Just spilled tea on my keyboard.   No harm done, but #burrowsout

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Also, I don't really think you can call being bombarded by twitter weirdos, "fielding questions".

My recent favourite being some tadger tweeting Burrows directly about being raging that a Ribena was £2.50 at the pie stall.  

2 hours ago, Swello said:

If you want to see what a club looks like that are at least a decade behind us on communicating with supporters, drop in to the Saintees thread right now - it might remind you of Boyle's OF Cooper Stand Referendum. I'll take Burrow's approach quite happily, regardless of how many VL's and roasters he replies to on twitter.

This. Id kill to have a Burrows type discussing/explaining things to the fans clearly.

We're obviously given Rangers 3 stands, moving home fans, and charging £30 for the honour. This was decided after "consulting with fan groups".

Nobody has come forward to say they were consulted beyond our young fan group (FCU) saying the club told them this was happening, FCU told the club it would be a mistake, and the club pressed ahead anyway. The only other person whos come forward is someone who spoke to a board member in the pub one day and also just got told it was happening.

There was then 11 days of complete silence on the issue, with hundreds of emails/phonecalls ignored. The only response was a "fan not connected to the club" who came on here and, in their only post, successfully "guessed" the reasoning behind the decision before throwing a strop.

Yesterday random people got a patronising email calling our home support shite with multiple claims of financial affects some of which are either wrong or misleading, while everyone else got a tweet saying tickets were for sale and "300 U12S GO FREE!" (we've allowed all U12s into games for free for over a decade).

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. Id kill to have a Burrows type discussing/explaining things to the fans clearly.

To be clear I think we all admire him for being quite open with the support. It just must take more patience than anyone on earth to put up with people tweeting him "wHErE iS ThE sIGniNgs?!11?" every half hour. 

29 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I didn't really appreciate at the time how good/lucky a block it was from Porteous or we'd probably have equalised late on on Sunday. Have we ever scored two goals that late to claw back a result? The Bob McHugh game at ER was a bit earlier I think.

On the last day of the 2009/10 season, we scored twice in injury time at Ibrox to get a draw. First through Jennings, then a Jutkiewicz penalty. See below for the seethe of our current goalkeeping coach.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

14 hours ago, Elroy Kromheer said:

That's Alan's professional account. He's got another handle which shows no link to his career and recently called Douglas Ross a "Puddle drinking foam face". 

15 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

On the last day of the 2009/10 season, we scored twice in injury time at Ibrox to get a draw. First through Jennings, then a Jutkiewicz penalty. See below for the seethe of our current goalkeeping coach.

You’d take every single one of those players right now, eh? And even half the bench!

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I didn't really appreciate at the time how good/lucky a block it was from Porteous or we'd probably have equalised late on on Sunday. Have we ever scored two goals that late to claw back a result? The Bob McHugh game at ER was a bit earlier I think.

Aye and he also intentionally wiped out Sol just before it which was missed by all of the officials.