Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, McGlovin' said:

I'm generally really very wary of the "more passion" nonsense but this lot are just such a bunch of passive shitebags. The sort of attributes we're missing don't show in the metrics, and while trying to gain an advantage through assessing players through the numbers is something I think has plusses, it's fast approaching the time to get in a few lads who can mix it up a bit.

Every team needs a bàstard (or two). 

Please sign us a big, mad, motivated bàstard centre half.

55 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

Anyone else hearing rumours about Flow chucking it? 

Flow's on a hiding to nothing. The most open and transparent CEO going, yet still constantly harassed by absolute morons. If I was him I'd have fucked off long ago.

Hopefully not true though. As figureheads go for the club, I can't think of anyone who would come close to the work he does. Like us all he'll have his faults, but for the flak he takes the guy does a pretty fucking admirable job. 

50 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

From the little I've read about him it seems like his first loan at Brisbane was better than this recent one so as you say it may be down to how he's been used this time round..

Well since as we have a strong track record for playing players to their strengths I'm optimistic that we'll get the best from him ......

SOD has probably been tasked for a fortnight to doing keepy-uppies with his left foot in preparation.

Seen a list of English based Scotsmen out of contact in the summer. Daniel Harvie, believe we were linked (loosely) whilst he was at Ayr. Reagan Hendry and Greg Docherty were the other two that I noticed. Can see the latter pitching up at hibs again.

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, it's not that much of a surprise given how WhoScored works. Bear in mind they had Shane Duffy in their team of the week a while back despite him objectively having a general nightmare but his performance caught in their weird algorithms.

I noticed that a few of our more maligned players show up quite well in terms of #data. For example Scott Burns RT'd this thread the other day and Spittal (for example) is well placed in the 'dangerous passes' graph....

FmCnkb3XoAEJctI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Interesting reading, wee Ross has remarkable numbers while just being used for caemos mostly, maybe that keeps him high coming in when defenders are tired.

Spittal's tasty numbers must have been accrued predominantly pre-World Cup.

I appreciate Goss has been moved deeper but his stats suggest we either don't break on counters or he's ponderous on the ball. As he's in as the spray it about guy there's not much spraying.

Other stuff, erm ...... highest placed OF in the table is 15th (O'Reily), in the graph its Turnbull & O'Reily (depending if you value key passes or shot assists), Tilman is in the mix too.

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I'm auld and don't do the IG's. I'm guessing the brace/Robocop situation might equate to an "I'm our for the season" scenario?

Ah. Fair play.

I don’t think it’s ever been confirmed what the injury is or how long he’s due to be out but it seems clear it’s knee.

The post is here fwiw: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm6otcWM72m/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

I'm auld and don't do the IG's. I'm guessing the brace/Robocop situation might equate to an "I'm our for the season" scenario?

He was talking about his injury in the match programme against Hibs and he mentioned that he is out for another two months.