Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson called back from Albion Rovers - very well thought of by Hammy, mentioned at the AGM I'm sure, and the club as the left back option long term.

If we could get 15 year or so out of him that'd be class because the ones that aren't here for 15 years are broadly a problem.

When Penney's situation was up in the air last week Hammell said they were looking at alternatives as well as speaking to Ipswich so to take him at face value - we'd be looking at a left back minimum.

So far it's pretty much been like for like in terms of the business we've done but looking at the movement out along with the players we seem to be actively trying to move.

Ojala, Aarons, Moult, Penney, Maguire plus potentially Shields...that's a chunk of the first team squad from the start/first half of the season.

From that list we've not replaced Penney and Maguire.

So far we've brought in Blaney (for Ojala?), Mandron (for Moult) and Crankshaw (for Aarons) with Danzaki seeming to just be cutting about ML1 waiting for clearance.

It's hard not to look at the lack of game time for SOD and Morris and raise a question there but it'd be pretty fucking bold to trim 8 first team players from the squad in January eh? In Morris' case I guess it's a question of how much appetite there is from either a) the player or b) prospective clubs to do a deal.

Also, as far as CBs go I get we have numbers in there but Mugabi is currently injured and it would genuinely beggar belief if Hammell's been stood on the touchline week in, week out watching us ship a whole manner of nonsense goals and coming out with his patter post-match but is thinking: "Yeah, this is totally fine. No changes needed.".

Absolutely fucking wild.

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

When Penney's situation was up in the air last week Hammell said they were looking at alternatives as well as speaking to Ipswich so to take him at face value - we'd be looking at a left back minimum.

Reading the notes from the AGM it was interesting to see that both us and Ipswich Town had agreed on a one year loan deal for Penney but the player was insistent on it being six months. Obviously he wouldn't be the first player to do so but you wonder if his intentions was to try and get on the shop window.

I'm assuming when Danzaki gets confirmed, Shields loan will follow suit. Hopefully we can source a quality replacement for Maguire and dependent on outgoings I wouldn't be surprised to see another centre back come in. 

Apparently Efford will be back in training around the middle of February, Mugabi sometime in March and McGinley/Carroll will likely not be seen again this season.

Well, with the Rangers home game moved to a Sunday (18th March) our next home league game on Saturday won't be until April 8th.

Of course, this doesn't assume that we get through and get a home tie in the Scottish Cup Quater finals.

Edited by Phillips455

51 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, with the Rangers home game moved to a Sunday (18th March) our next home league game on Saturday won't be until April 8th.

Of course, this doesn't assume that we get through and get a home tie in the Scottish Cup Quater finals.

The 18th of March is a Saturday. Unless the club have put the wrong date on the website?

Centre back is definitely an issue but it sort of feels like something that can hopefully be solved by a combination of Blaney being decent, Hammell having a look at what we're doing in training and, importantly, Lamie and/or Sol stopping being fucking morons on a weekly basis. 

Centre mid and Left Back, on the other hand, I just don't think we have the personnel at all right now without going into the market.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

1 hour ago, Cloontang said:

Reading the notes from the AGM it was interesting to see that both us and Ipswich Town had agreed on a one year loan deal for Penney but the player was insistent on it being six months. Obviously he wouldn't be the first player to do so but you wonder if his intentions was to try and get on the shop window.

I think you’re spot on. That and the chat that he has been speaking to the Charlton manager for weeks whilst still at the club.

More I’m hearing, less I’m liking him tbh. Said earlier I think he has been rotten since returning from the WC. Mind has clearly been elsewhere.

Danzaki, a mean b*****d 6, accomplished left wingback and a composed centre half all announced tomorrow.

And I want to know if they like their empire biscuits with cherries or jelly tots.

She wore, she wore a dayglo and black coloured ribbon in the Merry month of June.

Intae this pish

So Maguire away to Dundee and they're looking to take Shields too... are they trying to be the next St Mirren?? How long until they find out it's the wrong version of Motherwell they're emulating? And can we gift them Morris before they realise?

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

So Maguire away to Dundee and they're looking to take Shields too... are they trying to be the next St Mirren?? How long until they find out it's the wrong version of Motherwell they're emulating? And can we gift them Morris before they realise?

Loan one get two free should be the move here.

Nice to wake up to that signing being confirmed. Thought it would drag on to Monday tbh in regards to the clearance/work permit stuff. I was reading an interview by Hammell last night and he mentioned we had to pay a nominal fee to break the already agreed signing clause in the contract between his parent club and Brisbane. Looking forward to see what he can do. 

Probably should have read the article first, still waiting on the international clearance, I guess we will know if that has come through if he's in the squad when announced at 13.45.

I love how they translated the article into Japanese, expecting the massive fanfare that follows