Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

41 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

When does the window shut? 31st? I suspect I'll panic if we don't sign a DM and a LB

DM is a concern for today. O'Hara fell into the 'meh' category with a lot of our support but he's as physical and energetic as anyone we currently have. If he's in the middle for them with Gogic and the game is a tousy affair, then Goss and Spittal are as good as men down.

If Hammell sticks with his 4 at the back, maybe going with Johnston LB, Sol and Blaney centrally, Lamie out to LB, and pushing McGinn back into the middle with Cornelius and Slattery could give us a bit more dig in there. 

Crankshaw and McKinstry as your wide men and take your pick of Mandron or KVV.

KELLY

JOHNSTON  SOL  BLANEY     LAMIE

SLATTERY   McGINN    CORNELIUS

CRANKSHAW   KVV   McKINSTRY

Dunno, Lamie might get exposed and utterly destroyed out there and it's hardly inspiring, but options are limited until we see what the squad looks like in a couple of days time.

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

DM is a concern for today. O'Hara fell into the 'meh' category with a lot of our support but he's as physical and energetic as anyone we currently have. If he's in the middle for them with Gogic and the game is a tousy affair, then Goss and Spittal are as good as men down.

If Hammell sticks with his 4 at the back, maybe going with Johnston LB, Sol and Blaney centrally, Lamie out to LB, and pushing McGinn back into the middle with Cornelius and Slattery could give us a bit more dig in there. 

Crankshaw and McKinstry as your wide men and take your pick of Mandron or KVV.

KELLY

JOHNSTON  SOL  BLANEY     LAMIE

SLATTERY   McGINN    CORNELIUS

CRANKSHAW   KVV   McKINSTRY

Dunno, Lamie might get exposed and utterly destroyed out there and it's hardly inspiring, but options are limited until we see what the squad looks like in a couple of days time.

Dunno, it depends what the situation is with SOD.

I don't see us being massively different to the team that played against Arbroath but I'd be interested to see if KVV worked as a #10 off Mandron.

Kelly
Johnston Blaney Lamie SOD
McGinn Slattery
Crankshaw KVV McKinstry
Mandron

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I don't see us being massively different to the team that played against Arbroath but I'd be interested to see if KVV worked as a #10 off Mandron.

Kelly
McGinn Slattery
Crankshaw KVV McKinstry
Mandron

I like that team with the concern two genuine wingers either side of KVV is putting a lot of trust in this line doing their defensive shift. I'd be tempted to take out crankshaw for Cornelius or Tierney so we've got a bit more confidence in the central three and rely on that guy having the engine to get out wide(ish) when required.

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Kelly
McGinn Slattery
Crankshaw KVV McKinstry
Mandron

Aye, SOD could obvs be an option at LB, I was just kinda thinking with him being down the pecking order, and the (probably completely unfounded) chat lately about him possibly going out on loan that a deal might be in the offing causing him not to feature.

20 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

What's japanese for "any links to the game mate?"

If we haven't tripled our subscribers to the international stream yet I'll be disappointed.

I'm getting flashbacks to when we signed that Indian goalkeeper (Diraj Singh? ) and our social media posts were full of Indian folk asking why he wasn't playing.

We'll surely sign a Chinese guy next to cement our standing in the Asian market #massive.