Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I guess with Danzaki confirmed that frees Shields up to confirm any loan move. I see the news story on the official has him as a 'forward' rather than a midfielder.

Here's the contract situation:

2023: O'Donnell (30), Carroll (31), McGinn (32), Johnston (19), Cornelius (21), Goss (27), Efford (26), Mandron (28)
2024: Kelly (27), Oxborough (24), Lamie (29), Mugabi (27), Johansen (27), McGinley (26), Maguire (24), Spittal (27), Slattery (23), Van Veen (31), Morris (31), Shields (25)
2025: Blaney (24), Danzaki (22), Tierney (21), Miller (16)

Loans expiring 2023: McKinstry (20) (Leeds United - 2023), Crankshaw (24) (Stockport County - 2024)

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

Despite decades of signing Holm Kraska's and the fact that statistically we'd be better off with some c**t from Accrington Stanley - I still fucking love a foreign signing

それらに入る

Aye me too, something just doesn't squash the wee guy in me when it comes to signings with a foreigner. 

Edited by Busta Nut

Quietly pleased with the business done so far and with Hammy stating we are still looking to do more it could turn out to have been quite a productive window for us. 

At the very least the moves that have already happened proves that maybe, just maybe, Hammy does know what he is doing, does know where the problems in the team lie, and has been actively trying to fix them.

Of course, we still need to translate that into results, but it would be nice if the manager and the team could grab a few wins and prove a few people wrong.......

Edited by joewarkfanclub

25 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

At the very least the moves that have already happened proves that maybe, just maybe, Hammy does know what he is doing, does know where the problems in the team lie, and has been actively trying to fix them.

I'll happily put my hand up and say I've been Hammell-sceptic in that regard.

Like, I think he's the right person for the job in a big picture sense but I have doubts whether he and his assistant are actually good enough coaches to fix our problems at this level. Consistent clownshoes defending will do that.

I mean, we absolutely needed forwards and attacking options so prioritising that is fine IMO but we're still down a left back (who all things considered it sounds we knew was leaving) and there are still questions about a #6 and our defence.

One thing that I have been low-key pleased with is that we've actually been able to find solutions for the squad. Like, it's all very well Twitter reply guys in the club's mentions wanting us to get rid of player X, Y and Z but it's a different story actually finding takers.

Maguire to Dundee on loan seems a good move for all parties. He's under contract so we're not just cutting him loose. Similarly if we're able to find a similar for Sheilds and/or Morris then that feels like a bit of credit is due to the recruitment team as I'd imagine they're involved in that side of things as much as incoming players.

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'll happily put my hand up and say I've been Hammell-sceptic in that regard.

Like, I think he's the right person for the job in a big picture sense but I have doubts whether he and his assistant are actually good enough coaches to fix our problems at this level. Consistent clownshoes defending will do that.

I mean, we absolutely needed forwards and attacking options so prioritising that is fine IMO but we're still down a left back (who all things considered it sounds we knew was leaving) and there are still questions about a #6 and our defence.

One thing that I have been low-key pleased with is that we've actually been able to find solutions for the squad. Like, it's all very well Twitter reply guys in the club's mentions wanting us to get rid of player X, Y and Z but it's a different story actually finding takers.

Maguire to Dundee on loan seems a good move for all parties. He's under contract so we're not just cutting him loose. Similarly if we're able to find a similar for Sheilds and/or Morris then that feels like a bit of credit is due to the recruitment team as I'd imagine they're involved in that side of things as much as incoming players.

Your criticism is always balanced and reasoned. Unlike some. And to be fair, this place is generally more like that than Steelmen Online!

44 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Quietly pleased with the business done so far and with Hammy stating we are still looking to do more it could turn out to have been quite a productive window for us. 

Of course, we still need to translate that into results, but it would be nice if the manager and the team could grab a few wins and prove a few people wrong.......

I obviously hope this turns out to be the case but I don't see how anyone can judge either way until we see what our LB/CB/six situation is on Wednesday.

Lose today and I suspect we're in for a very panicky few days (from outside FP at least). We've used the phrase "potentially season-defining" a lot recently, the next five days are without a doubt "season-defining" and I'll be remaining nervous as f**k until they're done!

Anybody know if there's truth in the stuff about Postecoglou recommending Danzaki to us? Feels like folk seeing an Australian-based Japanese player coming to Scotland, adding 2+2 and getting 5, but I'd like it to be true to have someone I already dislike to blame if he's shite.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Anybody know if there's truth in the stuff about Postecoglou recommending Danzaki to us? Feels like folk seeing an Australian-based Japanese player coming to Scotland, adding 2+2 and getting 5, but I'd like it to be true to have someone I already dislike to blame if he's shite.

I's still find a search on the scouting software + Tam Aldred more believable

Yeah, some sort of Aldred, McDonald and McGarry combo was what I had assumed. I generally like all those guys so if Danzaki is good they can get the credit. If he’s shite then it’s all Ange’s fault.