Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. I was looking for your posts in the thread around the time Watt left.

Did KVV not have a better goals per minute played rate or something like that while Watt was the top scorer in the league. Either way, they were both more than effective in the same team.

I'm pretty sure he did. They both had 7 "non-penalty" goals as they say these days, with Watt's two pens being the difference between the pair.

13 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Sol to Odd still has another like 3 months before it has to be finalised doesn't it?  

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

Their deadline is March 31.

Aye.

Tbf, I'm just going by the local press reporting it as apparently being expected to be done soon.

I get that there may be an element of lost in translation there.

Defenders are in shorter supply this window that attacking midfielders and strikers it seems.

Don’t know why so many get worked up by when they arrive as if it correlates to our actual needs.

Wouldn’t be a Motherwell window without a returning ex player …. let’s be honest.

All if's and but's, but if there's any truth in the Watt rumours, does that maybe suggest that big Mandron's injury might keep him out for a while? Little time left in the window to go out and get a like for like replacement, so Hammell has decided try and put together something that worked before with Watt and KVV? 

I'd much rather we signed a #6 and a left back, but if that's not going to happen then lets get Watt back and try to outscore our way to safety. Seriously though, if we could get the Tony Watt back that dragged us through games a couple of years ago (e.g. monsoon game at home vs Utd) then I'd be quite happy.

Edited by dezz

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

ll if's and but's, but if there's any truth in the Watt rumours, does that maybe suggest that big Mandron's injury might keep him out for a while?

That's been mentioned, I also makes sense.

Still c'mon with the DM lads.

12 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Defenders are in shorter supply this window that attacking midfielders and strikers it seems.

Don’t know why so many get worked up by when they arrive as if it correlates to our actual needs.

Wouldn’t be a Motherwell window without a returning ex player …. let’s be honest.

Jordan White. Would be a blow to both St Johnstone and Ross County, and would give us the psychological advantage in the relegation battle. 

20 minutes ago, dezz said:

All if's and but's, but if there's any truth in the Watt rumours, does that maybe suggest that big Mandron's injury might keep him out for a while? Little time left in the window to go out and get a like for like replacement, so Hammell has decided try and put together something that worked before with Watt and KVV? 

That was my reading of it as well.

As I say I don't see that bringing Watt in on loan would necessarily preclude the other stuff happening.

#getitdone

18 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Jordan White. Would be a blow to both St Johnstone and Ross County, and would give us the psychological advantage in the relegation battle. 

Don't, this thread has powers a mere mortal could not comprehend.

Surely a team aren't going to loan a striker to another team they're in a direct relegation dogfight with ?! Although in saying that it 100% fits my perception of TW for him to saunter back into a team who's fans he knows he's proper wound up , fire us to safety at the expense of Utd then waltz back into the Utd dressing room in the summer with  "alright lads how's it going ?"

4 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Surely a team aren't going to loan a striker to another team they're in a direct relegation dogfight with ?! Although in saying that it 100% fits my perception of TW for him to saunter back into a team who's fans he knows he's proper wound up , fire us to safety at the expense of Utd then waltz back into the Utd dressing room in the summer with  "alright lads how's it going ?"

Now that you put it like that, it does seem exactly like the kind of shithouse move Tony would revel in. 

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'd probably be alright with Watt coming back but FOR f**k SAKE SORT OUT THE DEFENCE, STEVIE!

We conceded 1 goal at the weekend. 1 goal against County, 1 goal against Livingston. And we only took 2 points.

As much as the back line is making ridiculous errors the number of goals we actually concede would be fine if we could actually put the ball in the net ourselves.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

58 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

We conceded 1 goal at the weekend. 1 goal against County, 1 goal against Livingston. And we only took 2 points.

As much as the back line is making ridiculous errors the number of goals we actually concede would be fine if we could actually put the ball in the net ourselves.

Aye - we shouldn't confuse the proportion of shite goals we concede with the actual number, which is totally fine compared to the rest of the league. We don't score enough, which just makes things harder for us.

We're still operating on really fine margins, so either the defence stop conceding needless goals or our attack start producing more - either will win us more points (and I'd be quite happy if it was the goal scoring that got better TBH).

57 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It's one of the harsh realities of football that an attack which misses chances but scores one or two most weeks is doing its job while a defence which keeps out 95% of attacks but sells the shirts at least once a game fundamentally isn't.

I’ve heard a few folk say Mandron is a bad one so Watt coming back would effectively replace him. 

I’d be all for it to be honest but I would be very very surprised if it happened. 

It’s a non starter and just a bit of fun, but I reckon I’d take back every ex-Well player (bar Polworth and Gallagher) currently playing in the premier league! 😂