Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Regardless of it being the right outcome - it's grim that Hammells time has ended like this - feel sorry for him TBH. 

Is it even possible that anyone could turn a team of grade A shitebags into the type that can scrape points?

34 minutes ago, SIWY86 said:

Have to say, hearing our fans chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" left a bad taste in the mouth.

I feel for Hammell, but it was the correct decision to let him go. 

If we somehow stay up all will be forgiven. Shame to see a legend have his legacy tarnished like that. 

Kind of gutted to hear that. But ultimately he held on too long. He should have recognised he was finished weeks ago and walked. Or the decision should have been made for him.

He stepped in and did ok to start with but I felt he got worse the longer he went on. I found his team selection for today's game baffling. I don't understand McKinstry getting benched at all. He has flaws in his game but so does everyone in the team but at least he has shown some attacking ability with goals and assists. Picking O'Donnell again after his awful performance last week. Maybe a pass for giving Danzaki another go but having to pull him again for being ineffective is not great.

Hampered by injuries and long term squad issues that Hammell had no hand in or little chance to fix but simply he didn't win enough games.

Fucking loved Hammell as a player, but spent the last umpteen weeks wishing he'd get binned. A shite state of affairs, and can only hope that a miracle happens, our top flight status can be preserved, and folk can go back to remembering successful, cultured player Stevie, rather than hopelessly out of his depth manager Stevie. He deserves his legendary status and this whole sorry situation should never have happened.

No idea who we go for next, or who would even want it, but by f**k we need to be on the money. After waiting too long to pull the trigger, are the board capable of identifying the right target and willing to spend whatever it takes to keep us up though? I'm far from convinced.

Today has made me think agent Flao was tapped up by McCormack about this time last year.

Hammell was never gonna walk. You walk you get far less of a payoff than if you’re fired.

Letting him manage today was a 50k-200k minimum shot in foot. Let that sink in. The “let’s see what he can do with his transfers” pish needs put in the bin.

While a significant part of the problem I am still fearful over this squad of players that they’ve got it in them adhere to a new guy and not be ancy or full of unwarranted gallus behaviour.

I expected us to win today and then be having this conversation on Wednesday.

I still don’t understand why he took the job, he was set up for life, was he being paid buttons? Probably has a 12 month pay off.  What happens to him now?  Can he make sandwiches?

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

I expected us to win today and then be having this conversation on Wednesday.

I still don’t understand why he took the job, he was set up for life, was he being paid buttons? Probably has a 12 month pay off.  What happens to him now?  Can he make sandwiches?

This is it for me too. Did he actually want to be a manager until Alexander left? His job wasn't directly managing the u20s like Craigan did, was it?