Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, well fan for life said:

For a guy with relatively few appearances his clanger reel is something else.

There was a guy (maybe in McLeish's time?) who came over from Iceland (Johnsson?) who played 2 games, made about 5 goal costing mistakes and was back home the next week - still the gold standard for me.

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

There was a guy (maybe in McLeish's time?) who came over from Iceland (Johnsson?) who played 2 games, made about 5 goal costing mistakes and was back home the next week - still the gold standard for me.

We had that a few years ago.

Madis Vihmann. Started 3 games, conceded 11 goals including 2 in a loss to Forfar, then retired aged 24.

29 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I’m not convinced we can include Belic and Nolan since I’m not 100% convinced they actually exist.

Strong cases for Josh Law, Harry Smith, Craig Samson and Joe Chalmers though.

Law scored two in the first 20 minutes of his debut then had a solid stint at right back, not the worst.

48 minutes ago, Swello said:

Gunni Jonnson or suhin I think.

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Both Maguire and Shields were gone by the time Kettlewell came in, correct?  Are we clean slating them or do they start the season as the targets of the boo boys?

Well someone has already requested they follow Danzaki out the door on the official club Twitter (announcement). As much as I agree I always find that a bit poor form. Probably a young lad. 

I have made similar comments on here but there is more of a chance the players reading official Twitter than P&B. 

I don’t think either are good enough. They have had plenty of chances to prove otherwise. Nothing against either especially Maguire but it appears their level is not the top flight. Now Kettlewell May get a (better) tune out of them and if he does he really is a miracle worker. I hope they move on to get game time at a club more suited to their abilities. 

Law was a serviceable right back that we tried to play in central midfield because his brother played there, he gets a pass.

Straker gets a pass.

ATS was terrible for us.

Jules was a diaster but also scored a vital goal. Partial credit.

Harry Smith was made up.