Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Moving Efford out to bring in another 3rd/4th/5th striker just seems like unnecessary hassle tbh. I wouldn't do it on FM but I suppose it's Ketts's headache to deal with if he wants to.

Tbf, if it's a budget management thing then it makes sense.

If he's on a decent wedge but is miles off the starting XI then he's taking up a chunk of our budget that could presumably be re-allocated.

I'd imagine the ideal is we shift Joey's wage out to allocate to another prioritised position and bring in someone on a wage that's more reflective of a 3rd/4th/5th choice to take Efford's spot.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Hello,

I was just wondering how many tickets you have sold for Saturday?

Also, do you have many injuries? Is the new boy, Biereth, likely to start? I'm presuming he didn't last time because of either a perceived lack of fitness or because he was just an unknown quantity. You've started the season well, and we're without O'Hara, so it should make for a close game.

Over 1k so far. Close to selling out apparently.

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbf, if it's a budget management thing then it makes sense.

If he's on a decent wedge but is miles off the starting XI then he's taking up a chunk of our budget that could presumably be re-allocated.

I'd imagine the ideal is we shift Joey's wage out to allocate to another prioritised position and bring in someone on a wage that's more reflective of a 3rd/4th/5th choice to take Efford's spot.

if you move Efford on we definitely need another striker.

Obika is a permacrock. Biereth has an injury history too. I can see the thinking that Efford is also injury prone and we might try and get someone who is more reliable but at the same time there are no guarantees. Giving away to a rival team should be a complete non-starter.

Why do we think Efford is on a wedge? He signed from the Belgian second division and was in the greek lower leagues before that.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

A highly rated player from the Australian league you say?  What could possibly go wrong?

Tbf if this is a dig at Danzaki, i genuinely dont think anyone in Australian football rated him that highly.

13 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

if you move Efford on we definitely need another striker.

Obika is a permacrock. Biereth has an injury history too. I can see the thinking that Efford is also injury prone and we might try and get someone who is more reliable but at the same time there are no guarantees. Giving away to a rival team should be a complete non-starter.

Why do we think Efford is on a wedge? He signed from the Belgian second division and was in the greek lower leagues before that.

Don't forget we signed Efford for a fee and he triggered a 1 year extension. So it's not a huge jump to think he's on decent money. Certainly on a decent salary for someone who the manager doesn't see fitting in to his system

Let's  just say he's in 2k a week. I'm sure Kettlewell probably thinks he can use that 100 grand a year in a different way more to his liking.  

Edited by eliphas

54 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Moving Efford out to bring in another 3rd/4th/5th striker just seems like unnecessary hassle tbh. I wouldn't do it on FM but I suppose it's Ketts's headache to deal with if he wants to.

Agree, however Efford is only 5ft11. He is  too small for a Kettlewell striker. 6ft2 or you are out the door…

19 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Don't forget we signed Efford for a fee and he triggered a 1 year extension. So it's not a huge jump to think he's on decent money. Certainly on a decent salary for someone who the manager doesn't see fitting in to his system

Let's  just say he's in 2k a week. I'm sure Kettlewell probably thinks he can use that 100 grand a year in a different way more to his liking.  

Did he trigger a year extension?

Given what Paul McGinn said our reporting of contract length has not always been accurate. And we have paid small fees for guys in the past who you wouldn't say would have been big earners. e.g. Ryan Bowman.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf if this is a dig at Danzaki, i genuinely dont think anyone in Australian football rated him that highly.

Birighitti won the A-league goalkeeper of the year before relegating United. Hearts' Aussies are hardly glowing successes. Atkinson is awful, Rowles is soft as shite and Devlin just goes around kicking folk. Refuse to take a league that had Jamie McLaren and Jason Cummings as the 2 top scorers seriously 

2 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Birighitti won the A-league goalkeeper of the year before relegating United. Hearts' Aussies are hardly glowing successes. Atkinson is awful, Rowles is soft as shite and Devlin just goes around kicking folk. Refuse to take a league that had Jamie McLaren and Jason Cummings as the 2 top scorers seriously 

Tbf Birighitti looked awful from highlight, cant explain that one.

The rest have been fine, but just need to time to acclimatise to the Scottish game, which is a lot higher tempo. Cammy Devlin is class, presumably him being a wee c**t has just annoyed you into hating him if you think all he does is kick folk.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

That's a great effort! Let's hope for a great game and atmosphere, with no nonsense from the ultras. 

I think it's likely to be a very close game, which could very go all the way to penalties. 

^ultra

4 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

If it's another Premiership team Efford ends up at there's nothing surer than him scoring against us. 'Tis always the way.

We're away to lose about 25-0 this weekend then.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The rest have been fine, but just need to time to acclimatise to the Scottish game, which is a lot higher tempo. Cammy Devlin is class, presumably him being a wee c**t has just annoyed you into hating him if you think all he does is kick folk.

Agree and disagree on this. He's a wee buzz around that midfield but is not good at football. He'd be class for us but isn't good enough for Hearts, or they need a better footballer standing next to him.

27 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

He'd be class for us but isn't good enough for Hearts, or they need a better footballer standing next to him.

Hes better on the ball than he shows, think he maybe just gets hyped up and fucks it up sometimes. More experienced he gets the more he'll show it IMO.