Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just can't see a stadium move being on the cards anytime soon really to be honest.   More likely than not I'd imagine we'll hear about a combination of or one of:

- Funding from a wealthy individual/individuals who will have some ownership rights but with the WS continuing as majority shareholder.

- Stadium naming rights selling

34 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

SK obviously spoke at length but to be fair to him I thought he discussed the non-football stuff very well.

Agreed. I have said it before and will say it again. I admire the fact that during this poorish run, especially early on he never really mentioned the fact his budget was slashed or that previous Managers had more money and players at their disposal. It has come to the surface recently, but that is primarily because of the recent comments from the Chairman and questions from the media.

So fair play to him 👏👏

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Just can't see a stadium move being on the cards anytime soon really to be honest.   More li wakely than not I'd imagine we'll hear about a combination of or one of:

- Funding from a wealthy individual/individuals who will have some ownership rights but with the WS continuing as majority shareholder.

- Stadium naming rights selling

The naming rights is one I was really against in its infancy, think it was Real Radio who approached us yonks ago and we knocked them back? 

Everyone's at it now though, and it's really just free money as most folk don't care anyway, except for a wee laugh about the Spaghettihad etc. So if anyone is willing to lob us a decent wedge they can call it The Rex Chippy Arena, or the Tam's Budget Tyres Fitba Showground for all I care, we'll all just still call it Fir Park anyway.

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Dropping the image into the thread - "concept" being the operative word here I think.

camperdown-d23.jpg

Probably pie in the sky! But if North Lanarkshire Council wanted to come on board with something like this at Ravenscraig, I dont think there would be too much opposition to leaving Fir Park!

Nice wee shopping centre, cinema complex and bowling alley with restaurants and bars!

Extra footfall boosts sales for local businesses and increases attendances at Fir Park. Get a rail line and bus terminus in there and we are on a winner.

Level Brandon Parade and use the space to build affordable homes!

Obviously never gonna happen, but nice to dream.....

On 20/12/2023 at 19:18, rowsdower said:

"Lennon Miller is joining Harchester Utd for 6 sackings and a grass sewing machine."

Catching up on The Thread and... is that a Dream Team reference?!

Anyway I don't know why everyone's so worked up about this new initiative. I for one don't think it will make much difference when I renew my season ticket next year for seat 2, row "HAPPY 50TH DAVE X" in "TIM HORTONS' Block D" at our lovely Fir "UPPER CRUST" Park.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Probably aye. They're pish with Watt and a seemingly fit Moult though, I'd be surprised if they manage to bring in better quality than that.

Watt was a waste of a jersey but will probably be brilliant wherever he goes on loan for six months and the cycle will begin again...

Moult looked no better than ok on this outing...hard to tell if he's just slipping, having one of those days, just starved of service etc.

Glad I watched most of that Dundee Utd game last night as I don't miss any of the ex Well lads anymore. 

The pace of the SPFL would kill them all now except Grimmy and Grimmy is still doing that thing where he doesn't use his pace and just turns back and passes it inside every single time.

All fairly comfy at Championship level to be fair.

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Glad I watched most of that Dundee Utd game last night as I don't miss any of the ex Well lads anymore. 

The pace of the SPFL would kill them all now except Grimmy and Grimmy is still doing that thing where he doesn't use his pace and just turns back and passes it inside every single time.

All fairly comfy at Championship level to be fair.

Tbf United absolutely reek of a club who are just going through the motions assuming theyre getting promoted, which i guess stems from Goodwin whos probably telling them theyll be challenging for Europe in 12 months.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf United absolutely reek of a club who are just going through the motions assuming theyre getting promoted, which i guess stems from Goodwin whos probably telling them theyll be challenging for Europe in 12 months.

Are the Irish teams back in the challenge cup like?