Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

If he goes to Killie or St Mirren  and we haven't made an effort to bring him back I will never forgive the club.

Yeah, I am here anaw. 

even paying him £10k a week is 200k for the next20 weeks. 

Relegation would be 10xthat. 

Aye, exactly. If we were willing to chuck the best part of £100k at that Slovakian guy then (assuming that's not happening anymore) we should throw that towards covering a chunk of Kev's wages. I'll be raging if he goes to Killie or St Mirren. 

There's no point trying to polish it for any gleeful Saints or Killie supporters looking in - it would be a huge kick in the baws (number 354 of the season in fact) if he went to similar size club in Scotland. We could all live with it if he went to Aberdeen or Hearts or anywhere abroad - but it would be pretty hard to take as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

There's no point trying to polish it for any gleeful Saints or Killie supporters looking in - it would be a huge kick in the baws (number 354 of the season in fact) if he went to similar size club in Scotland. We could all live with it if he went to Aberdeen or Hearts or anywhere abroad - but it would be pretty hard to take as it stands.

Don't get me wrong, it's always odd seeing folk we've loved play for someone else but sometimes a little calmness is required in the planning.

Throwing 200k (and yes, I know that wasn't serious or literal suggestion) to finish ninth or tenth when we could do that with half the money or invest it in a player that goes beyond May is simply not worth it.

For Killie or St Mirren when it might be the difference between sixth and seventh, and all the cash that entails, or even fifth with Europe, the risk-reward ratio is completely different even before considering the 'what if he fails' option.

There's maybe a chance we're all reading a bit too much into KVV's psyche and assuming he'd prefer a hero's return to Fir Park rather than fighting for Europe with Killie or St Mirren. But... it seems absolutely fucking mental if we aren't even matching their offers. 

I know the club have tried to downplay the poverty angle but if Killie can afford to run with Vassell, Stewart and KVV up top while we've got Bair on buttons, a guy on loan from Blackburn + Obika then we must actually be fucked.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Throwing 200k (and yes, I know that wasn't serious or literal suggestion) to finish ninth or tenth when we could do that with half the money or invest it in a player that goes beyond May is simply not worth it.

The difference between top flight and relegation is in a different magnitude to Top 6 or even Euro qualifiers - and without knowing who is coming in, it's not really possible to quantify if it would be worth it or not.

If we were getting someone of Jack Vale's profile, I would argue that it very much be worth it - but if we can really get someone of the quality of KVV, who could be effective now for the half the price, we'll take two please.

Just now, Swello said:

The difference between top flight and relegation is in a different magnitude to Top 6 or even Euro qualifiers - and without knowing who is coming in, it's not really possible to quantify if it would be worth it or not.

If we were getting someone of Jack Vale's profile, I would argue that it very much be worth it - but if we can really get someone of the quality of KVV, who could be effective now for the half the price, we'll take two please.

Obviously and equally obviously we need to source someone different and decent. But given Livingston are probably down, we've picked up etc...i think there's realistically someone who'll keep us up for less than KVV might cost if it has gone to auction. It's also worth remembering it's highly unlikely whoever signs him is picking up the player who was here in May.

Again, I hope we get him...but certainly not at any price or at a value that hurts us long-term.

The only way, surely, we can't be in the running here for KVV is if Gronigen are playing hard ball with us compared to St. Mirren and Killie. But I'd have thought we would have an upper hand with any deal given the relationship and any fees still owed to us.

If not, then it seems a huge huge miss by the club. 

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

The only way, surely, we can't be in the running here for KVV is if Gronigen are playing hard ball with us compared to St. Mirren and Killie. But I'd have thought we would have an upper hand with any deal given the relationship and any fees still owed to us.

If not, then it seems a huge huge miss by the club. 

The lift alone it would give the place. If KVV rocks up at St mirren or Killie and we end up with another boy from the championship on loan twitter will be chaos.

A lot of the noise seems to be coming from these Stefan Bleeker tweets as opposed to ITK scottish Journalists, whether that's good or bad, who knows. none of the stories have anything else other than what this guy is saying.

Edited by Neil86

Just now, Neil86 said:

The lift alone it would give the place. If KVV rocks up at St mirren or Killie and we end up with another boy from the championship on loan twitter will be chaos.

Tbh the thought of twitter if he goes to st mirren will mitigate it for me somewhat!

If we still had Mika folk probably wouldn't be quite as fussed about what is looking likely to happen, if reports are to be belived. But facts are we have sold Wilkinson who, by all accounts was on a relatively fair whack, and lost Mika, a player who genuinely excited folk.

Even at our worst, we've always kinda had someone who got everyone excited, Faddy, Pearson, McDonald, Ainsworth, Johnson, KvV etc. Unless we pull a rabbit out the hat here looks like it'll be a few more months of hoping for the best with what we have and adding a few unknowns.