Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, Al B said:

This relationship is my favourite thing that's happened this season.

MV5BMWUzN2VkY2ItYmQ4YS00MjFmLWJhZDQtYWY1NWQ2NTA5NDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.3758f2fe8fd1d353daa4287851b2ae50.jpg

Can't help but smile at the joy between the two of them and their wee synchronised celebrations when the big man scores. Long may it continue!!.

4 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Yep. Think he's getting mixed up with Wilkinson, he played up top against East Fife and looked poor.

You’re right, I think. It’s my age….. Point stands though - I Can remember watching Bair early in the season and he was desperate. What a difference a few months and Ketts make. 

31 minutes ago, Al B said:

This relationship is my favourite thing that's happened this season.

MV5BMWUzN2VkY2ItYmQ4YS00MjFmLWJhZDQtYWY1NWQ2NTA5NDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDc2NjEyMw@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.3758f2fe8fd1d353daa4287851b2ae50.jpg

Very much the Mugabe & Goss of the modern age 

What is the preference, top six for a bit of cash or bottom six for a bit of fun?

(I am taking nothing for granted)

Edited by ropy

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

What is the preference, top six for a bit of cash or bottom six for a bit of fun?

Top six without doubt but the chance of it is so remote my main interest is confirming not 11th asap.

I do think we should be viewing ourselves as safe though in terms of contract renewals for next season...need an eye looking forward already.

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Be the team that loses to St Mirren to see them confirm Europe, or be the team that officially relegates Livingston and puts Aberdeen in the play off.

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

10 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Top six without doubt but the chance of it is so remote my main interest is confirming not 11th asap.

I do think we should be viewing ourselves as safe though in terms of contract renewals for next season...need an eye looking forward already.

Not sure how likely it is to happen, but it would be top 6 for those all important £££'s for me. Yes, games in the bottom half could be more fun and we could well take a couple of bodying's in the top, but it's very transparent that the old cash is king and a couple of gubbings safe in the knowledge we'll be in the top flight next season won't hurt quite as much.

The past week will have done wonders for squad morale, whilst also taking its toll physically and mentally. The break before the Aberdeen game has come at the perfect time to rest, recuperate and clear up any wee niggles before a few really big games. I've been one of the biggest critics of both squad and manager, but if they can ride this wee wave of positivity for a few weeks they'll have more than enough to see us safe. Kudos to every one of them for how the past week has panned out.

I don't want anything to do with the relegation fight, and do want us to get as much money as possible, so top 6 for me.

We play against the teams we're competing with for that spot, so as tricky as it will be, it's pretty much in our own hands.

Last season and the Young Motherwell season were two examples of really enjoyable bottom 6 finishes that sent everyone into the summer in a good mood - so it won't be the end of the world if/when we are bottom 6 - and I think this team with the shackles off could be a good watch. More boringly, given that we are probably going to be moving one rung down the budget ladder next season, Top 6 would be very handy indeed...

53 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We play against the teams we're competing with for that spot, so as tricky as it will be, it's pretty much in our own hands.

Perhaps technically but unless we go 12/12 we'll be needing help...Hibs have County (albeit away) and both St J and Livingston at home before coming to FP. Dundee will also look at their fixtures and see plenty points.

Being the team in form for a late charge is great but like last year we've left a little too much to do.

41 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Perhaps technically but unless we go 12/12 we'll be needing help...Hibs have County (albeit away) and both St J and Livingston at home before coming to FP. Dundee will also look at their fixtures and see plenty points.

Being the team in form for a late charge is great but like last year we've left a little too much to do.

Yep, 12 from 12, totally in our own hands 😃

Before we kick another baw, the two teams we'd be vying for top six with will play two teams below us.

It's hard to know what the ideal outcome is, but given what we've been through so far this season, incredibly glass half empty I know, but I think I'd be happy enough to start writing off top six early for Hibs to beat Ross County and Dundee to beat Aberdeen.

Dundee or Hibs will likely be in the top six anyway - I'd rather they took points off those below us in doing so.