Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Did I not read the system they registered them on at the SFA is going through an upgrade? That mighta been shite but I did skim read it somewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Did I not read the system they registered them on at the SFA is going through an upgrade? That mighta been shite but I did skim read it somewhere. 

Think it was oor @RandomGuy. with that info.

Could it be we are waiting until players contracts officially run out end of May? Probably a few in there who have offers and we are waiting on them rather than sticking a list out saying contracts offered?

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Given Kettlewell had said everyone who was being offered a contract had been offered one, I really can't see what the delay is.  

Unless we've signed someone on a pre-contract who was in the playoffs and we wanted to be respectful. Or if Obika's extension has somehow triggered and we are trying to get out of it before the list comes out 😂

Is that the minutes played trigger? .......

St. mirren

The full squad breakdown is as follows...

Under contract through 2024/25 season:

James Bolton, Shaun Rooney, Scott Tanser, Richard Taylor, Mark O’Hara, Jonah Ayunga, Mikael Mandron, Conor McMenamin, Greg Kiltie, Alex Gogic, James Scott, Caolan Boyd-Munce, Toyosi Olusanya, Marcus Fraser, Lewis Jamieson, Kieran Offord, Peter Urminsky, Fraser Taylor and Ethan Sutherland.

Offers made:

Ryan Flynn, Luke Kenny and Gallagher Lennon.

Leaving the club:

Keanu Baccus, Charles Dunne, Alex Greive and Ryan Strain.

Returning to their parent club:

Jaden Brown, Zach Hemming and Hyeokkyu Kwon.

Killie 

Players under contract for 2024/25: Aidan Glavin, Ethan Brown, Ethan Mersey, Ben Brannan, Lewis Mayo, Joe Wright, Robbie Deas, Liam Donnelly, Rory McKenzie, David Watson, Brad Lyons, Kyle Magennis, Danny Armstrong, Fraser Murray, Matty Kennedy, Kian Leslie, Aaron Brown, Kyle Vassell, Bobby Wales.

Released: Jack Sanders, Kerr McInroy, Aaron Quigg, Steven Warnock.

Loan ended: Will Dennis, Corrie Ndaba, Tom Davies, Stuart Findlay, James Balagizi, Kevin van Veen.

Still in discussions: Liam Polworth, Marley Watkins, Gary Mackay-Steven, Greg Stewart, Innes Cameron, Kieran O'Hara.

Dundee

Players Under Contract

The players below all remain under contract with Dundee Football Club.

Adam Legzdins, Kerr, Ryan Astley, Joe Shaughnessy, Jordan McGhee, Scott Tiffoney, Curtis Main, Lyall Cameron, Diego Pineda, Lee Ashcroft, Josh Mulligan, Luke McCowan, Charlie Reilly, Finlay Robertson, Zak Rudden, Max Anderson, Mo Sylla, Antonio Portales, Harry Sharp, Trevor Carson

Contract Expired

The contracts of the players below have expired and they have now left the club. We thank them all for what they’ve given to the club and their dedication to Dundee Football Club and we wish them all the very best for the rest of their careers.

Tyler French, Shaun Byrne, Jack Wilkie

Returned to Parent Club

The players below have returned to their parent club following the conclusion of their loan spell with Dundee Football Club. We thank all of the players who have been on loan with us this season for their hard work and service to Dundee Football Club.

Owen Dodgson, Bakayoko, Ricki Lamie, Zach Robinson, Ryan Howley, Jon McCracken, Malachi Boateng, Aaron Donnelly, Michael Mellon, Dara Costelloe, Owen Beck

Livi.

Following the conclusion of the 2023/24 season, the club can confirm the status of the playing squad as it stands heading into the summer.

Out of Contract and leaving the club

Bruce Anderson
Morgan Boyes
Kurtis Guthrie
Jack Hamilton
Joel Nouble
Ayo Obileye
James Penrice
Andrew Shinnie

Automatic Relegation Release Clause and leaving the club

Michael Devlin
Jason Holt

Returning to Parent Club after loan

Dan MacKay
Kieran Wright

Under Contract but Available for Transfer

Stephen Bradley (at players own request)
David Carson
Mo Sangare
Miles Welch-Hayes

Out of Contract but in discussion

Sean Kelly
Cristian Montaño

Under Contract

Jamie Brandon
Shaun Donnellan
Shamal George
Stephen Kelly
Samson Lawal
Michael Nottingham
Scott Pittman
Aphelele Teto (GBE Panel Required)
Tete Yengi

New Signings Confirmed

Matthew Clarke
Daniel Finlayson
Ricky Korboa
Robbie Muirhead
Liam Sole

17 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Fortunately, I can't see even us handing out a trigger that extends a contract after 247 league minutes.

He was the overall champion in the squad darts league though, which is an immediate year extension I believe.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Is that the minutes played trigger? .......

If that was the case I'd be expecting my own contract offer imminently, cos we've all been fucking played here...

Edited by 'WellDel

12 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Given Kettlewell had said everyone who was being offered a contract had been offered one, I really can't see what the delay is.  

Unless we've signed someone on a pre-contract who was in the playoffs and we wanted to be respectful. Or if Obika's extension has somehow triggered and we are trying to get out of it before the list comes out 😂

Aye, I mean it's not something to get worked up about but it's basically a bit of housekeeping/admin so as you say, when you take Kettlewell's comments into account where he effectively said everyone knows where they stand then there's no reason not to publish.

When Burrows was here then outside of the Covid season the list would be out a couple of days after the final game of the season. In some cases it was published the next day.

There's no reason to include PCAs unless they've already been announced (which was the case when we signed Gallagher, Polworth, Sloth and Carroll) as it's simply a notification about the current squad.

@Alanos has posted the other Premiership teams who have announced their squad updates and it really is a pretty straightforward format - there's nothing that should be tying us in knots (as happened last season).

Posted (edited)

I think the tying in knots is coming from keeping players, who haven't been offered a new deal at this point, happy in case our preferred targets fall through and we end up resigning them. Basically to avoid a public "thanks everyone for your service", "oh wait, can you come back now please".

That's what the chat has been anyway. 

Edited by MurrayWell

7 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

I think the tying in knots is coming from keeping players, who haven't been offered a new deal at this point, happy in case our preferred targets fall through and we end up resigning them. Basically to avoid a public "thanks everyone for your service", "oh wait, can you come back now please".

I hope not.  That would mean the GTF list is unlikely to appear anytime soon.

I also don't think many players would accept that.  "We are not able to offer you something until we know whether the player we really want accepts a contract". May be is true but strikes me as a little bizarre. 

As mentioned above it really does not seem that complicated if it is structured like the St Mirren announcement.  I was thinking it may have something to do with us waiting to announce a couple of new signings. To help push season ticket sales and give us a wee boost and that is the hold up.  Again possibly not that at all either. 

Who knows.  Just never seems that straightforward when it comes to MFC 😉

9 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

I can see how that could happen but it’s kind of contrary to Kettlewell’s line that everyone who’s getting an offer has one and that’s been the case for a while.

Also, the majority of our contracts expire next week so it’s hardly much of a window to go back to players and say “actually…”.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I can see how that could happen but it’s kind of contrary to Kettlewell’s line that everyone who’s getting an offer has one and that’s been the case for a while.

Also, the majority of our contracts expire next week so it’s hardly much of a window to go back to players and say “actually…”.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aye, just telling folk what was flying about from a few folk at the club mate, don't agree with it as a tactic either. 

Kinda hope it was nonsense haha, did question it at the time of hearing. As you say, not completely out of the question, but a strange move. Imo they should just say "still in talks" as other clubs have. 

Edited by MurrayWell

Posted (edited)

There's another angle too; potential new players who we're negotiating with might be like "erm, naw" when they see us signing players for the position(s) that they play. I guess it's a double-edged sword in some instances.

Still absolute nonsense, right enough. Just get the list out so we know where we stand. I'd just quite like to hear something out the club that isn't a fairly content-free video from Caldwell...

Edited by StAndrew7

Posted (edited)

The club have been making some really strange decisions of late, with what they are sharing and what they are not sharing. The list may not seem like a big deal to them, but when every other club is doing it, it's a really bizarre stance to take, if indeed this is a stance/tactic. 

When you add that to the whole not telling us about player and manager contract extensions the whole thing is just weird. I don't think it's to deliberately mislead, but it's just fucking strange. 

EDIT: Just to add to this, St Johnstone starting to announce players departing, couple of their cup winners, with a caveat of a full update being on the way, will probably just annoy folk further, given how long we've known what division we'd be playing in, in comparison. 

Edited by MurrayWell

Slightly related, but I see some Twitter journalist guy linking us with Brentford keeper Ellery Balcombe.

And you'll never guess who else is? Only Kilmarnock and St Mirren... 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Slightly related, but I see some Twitter journalist guy linking us with Brentford keeper Ellery Balcombe.

And you'll never guess who else is? Only Kilmarnock and St Mirren... 

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

Edited by StAndrew7