Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It’s great. Really clean and straightforward. The player profiles are particularly good across all squads.
There are a load of nice wee details: Career stats, contract lengths, click throughs to player social pages and buy links to the club shop.
The whole thing seems pretty well thought out and it feels pretty comprehensive without being cluttered.

Edit to add: I'm pretty sure they were on the old site but the club history 'through the years' and records pages seem a lot easier to navigate and access. Previously it was just a mass of out of date info and broken links.

Edited by capt_oats

On 08/07/2018 at 18:42, Swello said:

Massively disappointed that there aren't a slew of "he'll no dae" posts on Steelmen after ATS got done for their goal TBH.

It’s definitely not as bad as expected but there unsurprisingly, has been some criticism. 

I admire his honesty and I really can’t disagree. Towards the end of the season and particularly in the Scottish Cup Final I thought he was atrocious. I’m not sure if it’s related to the captaincy, but if McHugh thinks it is, then he has done the right thing and it is incredibly admirable. I can’t imagine there would be many other players who would be so truthful.

Pleased that Hartley is captain but I always liked Richie Ripped as captain.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

2003?

Is that right? Still the second most effective and most used method for driving commercial traffic. 

What's number one? 

I cannot believe that our new website has been launched without e-mail capture. 

It's like putting out a F1 car without tyres. 

Stunning, unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, WellView said:

Is that right? Still the second most effective and most used method for driving commercial traffic. 

What's number one? 

Yer Maw 

I think McHugh has been shrewd if he volunteered to step back and it wasn't the result of a quiet word from the manager. There is a huge element of "jump before you're pushed"  in this but it doesn't make it any less admirable for all that.

It was pretty apparent before September was out last season that given Hartley's signing we probably had an ideal captain there and this is something I've been expecting.

I don't think that McHugh was as bad as some people make out - but he had a few stinkers that hadn't been there in his first season and it is beyond doubt that his confidence was low. I hope this move is a positive one for him and he recaptures his form as there is real competition this season and there are no gaurentees on a starting place...

9 hours ago, WellView said:

What's number one? 

Smoke signals. The real reason folk weren't allowed to smoke in the Main Stand was to avoid giving off false messages to biplanes circling overhead.

10 hours ago, Swello said:

I think McHugh has been shrewd if he volunteered to step back and it wasn't the result of a quiet word from the manager. There is a huge element of "jump before you're pushed"  in this but it doesn't make it any less admirable for all that.

It was pretty apparent before September was out last season that given Hartley's signing we probably had an ideal captain there and this is something I've been expecting.

I don't think that McHugh was as bad as some people make out - but he had a few stinkers that hadn't been there in his first season and it is beyond doubt that his confidence was low. I hope this move is a positive one for him and he recaptures his form as there is real competition this season and there are no gaurentees on a starting place...

I think McHugh was an easy target for people, particularly some of the roasters that sit near me. Don't get me wrong there were games where he was pretty terrible, but then other games where he was pivotal to our whole team. 

Hartley is an obvious choice for captain, and I'd argue that he was doing the job on the park anyway. His first game for us you could see him barking orders to the rest of the team. Also I fucking love the big man because he is a warrior.