Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Nice, thanks! Have you read any of James Holland's stuff? He uses diaries, letters etc. to write history books but they're written like novels/from the perspective of the majority characters, his book on the Sherwood Rangers is excellent, read that on holiday last year.

James Holland’s stuff is excellent, his War in the West books particularly.  His podcast with Al Murray (We Have Ways of Making You Talk) is fantastic too.

10 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

James Holland’s stuff is excellent, his War in the West books particularly.  His podcast with Al Murray (We Have Ways of Making You Talk) is fantastic too.

I'm a member of IC. 😅

59 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

What a lot of doo-doo yon fan survey is.

Yeh - it's annoyingly badly designed to the point where I don't know how meaningful any data that they get will be. 

I know lots of stuff at Fir Park is folk doing their best on things that aren't their main skill - but this is the sort of thing that I'm sure there would be folk in the support (or community) that have experience designing questionnaires/surveys and would help them out.

1 hour ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

It's never looked the same since they removed "Keep cigarettes away from the match". (Great pun, though.)

It might make a reappearance one of these days as the Cash Converters sign was just bolted on over it. 

38 minutes ago, Swello said:

Yeh - it's annoyingly badly designed to the point where I don't know how meaningful any data that they get will be. 

I know lots of stuff at Fir Park is folk doing their best on things that aren't their main skill - but this is the sort of thing that I'm sure there would be folk in the support (or community) that have experience designing questionnaires/surveys and would help them out.

I hadn't looked at the survey until this morning but yeah, I've found myself tripping over the questions they're asking.

Feels as though it's been designed with a view of them having an idea of what they're trying to get responses for but the questions are that wooly that you look at them and ask what value the responses will actually be "Is the food at the kiosks tasty?"...YES OR NO. (Chicken Tikka Chasni pies FTW btw).

"What would new food or drink options would you like at kiosks?" The pakora hut dream is happening lads...

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Motherwell Fans: looking forward to a new Keeper being announced 

Motherwell socials:

I had a proper rant on the fan survey about the state of the Wilkinson post yesterday, this just keeps adding to my rage. 😅

54 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

"Is the food at the kiosks tasty?"...YES OR NO.

I actually laughed at that one. They could at least have had a sliding scale with grim hotdog at the bottom and Chasni at the top for us to chose from.

2 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Nice, thanks! Have you read any of James Holland's stuff? He uses diaries, letters etc. to write history books but they're written like novels/from the perspective of the majority characters, his book on the Sherwood Rangers is excellent, read that on holiday last year.

Yeah same deal with Sharaa, I’ll look that book out. Cheers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Swello said:

I actually laughed at that one. They could at least have had a sliding scale with grim hotdog at the bottom and Chasni at the top for us to chose from.

To be fair, they’ve just done that with the goalkeeper socials. Darren Randolph is the chasni, just for the damage he did in the megabar.

Edited by Vietnam91

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Motherwell Fans: looking forward to a new Keeper being announced 

Motherwell socials:

Just to put this season into perspective, the article comments on how Randolph came in after Ruddy and beat his record of 15 clean sheets for the season. 

3 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Stumbled across this guys stuff and his take is different and pretty engaging.

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Just to put this season into perspective, the article comments on how Randolph came in after Ruddy and beat his record of 15 clean sheets for the season. 

Cant wait for this to be repeated next season

"I cannot believe we have already beaten our clean sheet record from last season. 4 games without a goal conceded!who could have seen that?"

21 hours ago, dezz said:

When you heading off? We fly out next Thursday - can't bloody wait.

Any other contributors to The Thread TM heading out?

I will be in Germany from Monday, and may require potential vox-pops from fans around some work we're doing. If anyone would be interested in doing so, slide your mobile number into my DMs here or on twitter.

15 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Disgraceful wages too, below the living wage. Very poor from the club. 

Illegal. Am sure they'll need to adjust the salary. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Disgraceful wages too, below the living wage. Very poor from the club. 

Unless I'm missing something it's just above the national living wage? But just below the 'real' living wage one?

National - (11.44 x 37.5) X 52 = 22, 308

Real = 23, 400

Wages for what a media assistant should get paid in real life a different argument granted.

God I want us to sign someone and for a to start again

Edited by eliphas