Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Surely that signing immediately kiboshes the idea that the club is on death's door and needs investment to survive. I'm sure decent six figure sums were being discussed when he was linked with St Mirren.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Surely that signing immediately kiboshes the idea that the club is on death's door and needs investment to survive. I'm sure decent six figure sums were being discussed when he was linked with St Mirren.

That narrative has only been pushed by one person, really. The outgoing chairman.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The plan is to spend 2 million quid on players this fortnight and then announce a sale for 20p because we're seven figures in debt.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I notice that there's no mention of a fee 'undisclosed' or otherwise in either Motherwell or Palace's announcements but yeah that was the rumour.

Also as @StAndrew7 says below:

11 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

That narrative has only been pushed by one person, really. The outgoing chairman.

And even then he had to walk it back when he had his absolute car crash of a press call after the video launch.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Weir mentioned that we expect to at least break even this season (which is another point that folk wringing their hands about the losses over the last couple of seasons - when we sunk literal millions into capital expenditure projects - could do with taking into account).

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

See that whole thing. It's gained traction online but I don't nink that it's permeated with the offline fan base.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I notice that there's no mention of a fee 'undisclosed' or otherwise win either Motherwell or Palace's announcements but yeah that was the rumour.

Also as @StAndrew7 says below:

And even then he had to walk it back when he had his absolute car crash of a press call after the video launch.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Weir mentioned that we expect to at least break even this season (which is another point that folk wringing their hands about the losses over the last couple of seasons - when we sunk literal millions into capital expenditure projects - could do with taking into account).

Aye this narrative I think was only mentioned once by McMahon wasn't it 

It's probably been discussed more on here and other forums probably than anywhere else. 

Be good if we could stop referring to it full stop. 

Edited by eliphas

Was thinking to myself yesterday morning that it had been a bit quiet since the end of the season, since then we've had:

• The takeover proposal announced

• Had the Society board condemn it

• Had 2 resignations from said board

• Signed a guy on a 2 year deal for what will be a 6 figure fee

• And been linked to a big Serbian striker. 

All in the space of less the 24 hours

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Just 3 minutes after the announcement of our first signing and the Motherwell Rollercoaster™ has been mentioned.

We are so back.

Has someone done the "welcome to our great wee club"?

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was gonna rant about the pish McMahon spouts but others have done so more elegantly and calmly. 

27 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Was thinking to myself yesterday morning that it had been a bit quiet since the end of the season, since then we've had:

• The takeover proposal announced

• Had the Society board condemn it

• Had 2 resignations from said board

• Signed a guy on a 2 year deal for what will be a 6 figure fee

• And been linked to a big Serbian striker. 

All in the space of less the 24 hours

To be fair to @Vietnam91 he did say it was about to get interesting (paraphraasing).